Seth Tobias RIP

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by thurstonhowell3, Sep 4, 2007.

1. zdreg

zdreg

#22     Sep 5, 2007
  2. Although the cause of Tobias' death is unknown I want to encourage you all to stay current with your physical exams.

In the past two years I personally know two men who have died of heart attacks.

Both under the age of 35! Both men left behind infant children.

Don't think you are too young. And don't think just because you're in decent shape it can't happen too you.

One of the men was in good shape and actually died while mountain biking with his friends. They said he just stopped , said, "I don't feel good", and fell over.

#23     Sep 5, 2007
  3. cstfx

cstfx

#25     Sep 5, 2007
  4. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

Stress increases your heart rate..

A person's heart is pre-programmed to beat so many times in his/her lifetime before it collapses or need medidal equipment to keep it going.

the stress in his job took it's toll on him

#26     Sep 5, 2007
  5. vectors101

vectors101 Guest

Practice Yoga ===reduce stress and helps in trading.

#27     Sep 5, 2007
  6. donnap

donnap

#28     Sep 5, 2007
  7. God bless Seth and his family. One of the good guys is gone....

<i>Circling the Wagons
    Circle T Partners CIO Seth Tobias says he will personally reimburse investors for losses incurred during a mini-rogue trading scandal

Seth Tobias, CIO at Circle T Partners, has vowed to personally reimburse investors after a recent mini-rogue trading scandal at the firm -- an execution-only trader was found to have four unauthorized positions, leading to an estimated $12 million loss -- but don't expect the episode to end that neatly. "Let me put it this way," Tobias says. "I have been in the business for a long time, and I've seen a lot of things. But when I saw this, I really took a step back."

Regulators are equally miffed and are still looking into how the trader, Ethan Kass, son of noteworthy hedge-fund manager Doug Kass, was allegedly able to conceal the activity within the firm's flagship fund, which employs strict risk controls.

Tobias did not specifically identify Kass as the suspected rogue, but numerous press reports have. Kass no longer works at the firm. Several industry insiders say they find it highly unlikely that a junior trader could have secretly kept open positions without the assistance of someone at a clearing broker. Tobias wouldn't comment on whether he agrees with that contention, but he did say that "the trader responsible is actively working with us, and with investigators, in this [audit] process."</i>

#29     Sep 5, 2007
  8. Those Krazy Kass' - always with the foolish shortin'...

#30     Sep 5, 2007