Set up a group buying for sharing costs of education

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Franky, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Franky

Franky

Hei, gents.

Is anybody interested in sharing the costs of trading education by creating a group buying?

If interested get in touch.

2. Handle123

Handle123

LOL, most of what you will buy won't be the money you paid for it, I have had shelled out over a hundred grand in my life time for "education", I use to have a cap of five grand per year of seeing whatever is new, there is very little new after John Hill's two books from late 1970s concerning charting. You just have to put in the 10,000 hours min and no way around that.

endicottsteel likes this.
  3. Franky

Franky

Quant Labs .net offers an Elite Membership that we can use to download all the video courses produced.

4. Franky

Franky

Hi, Handle123. I respect you. I am just trying to save time since money is time. I do not think than spending X amount can be the solution. If you found one, please let us know.

Kind Regards.

5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Buy second hand. You will still overpay (but a lot less).

6. Franky

Franky

I do not mind, but where I can ask for a copy of that material.

7. Handle123

Handle123

Nor is watching videos, you have to do by doing by hand, there is something doing by hand to thought processes and be able to read charts without thinking about it. You never will be able to program unless you know what charts are doing. You will never be able to save time as you have to put in the 10,000 hours of screen time. I know of no large traders that made it big that didn't. I have developed over 35 systems in my life as a trader and 13 automated which is direction most are taking as well. But you hand out too much of anything, then I have to compete with the masses or some sob will sell them, so you going to have to discover what works, John Hills books are best from late 1970s, more have coped his work to make systems than anyone I know.

What you hope to gain from what you buy are tidbits or something that will trigger an idea within you that adds to your Trading Plan.

I like the older stuff like Aberration, Catscan, ATS-3200, Anticipation, Dollar Trader, R-Breaker, Serendipity, Mystery System, FP S&P Trade, Feeder Trader, what my staff does is watch all systems and know all the drawdowns and equity highs, so we won't trade any system till it has gone into equity drawdowns to a "mean" then we start following those systems-when it has made new equity highs, we don't take any more signals, this tests out best for me since it is my funds that are traded. These are the best systems out of over 600 systems I have either bought or reversed engineered. Some systems will show to be better, but for list of reasons, new is seldom better and I like systems that been around. As far as day trading systems, mine are best for me as I understand charting, price and volume.

And of course I have my own Very Long Term Commodity method that is automated and hedged.

And no, I will not share, I don't believe in robbing the developers, Karma is a bitch..

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    lucysparabola likes this.
  8. hoodyap

hoodyap

Can share the title of the 2 books?
    Would be interested to read about it.
    Thanks~

9. just21

just21

Not available second hand on Amazon so google for a pdf. What is the other title?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    hoodyap likes this.
  10. Franky

Franky

I was looking for video series of algorithmic trading videos. Most universities offer them, but the cost is prohibitive for many. I could not even borrow. The Columbia offers such courses, the range is within the 100k.

#10     Apr 19, 2016