Services of the programmer for your best trade!!!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by fxtest, Oct 14, 2003.

1. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

On the projects I use these people for they have done quite well: they have produced quality code, on time and on budget. They also are ISO certified. There simply is no longer any reason to do
    commodity skillset types of work on shore.

The distinction between US produced software and work done offshore is diminishing.

For many projects there is no need for top designers: today most infrastructure systems designs for most business models are public knowledge. Most importantly, smart designs that only spit out and accept XML messages allow you to switch out backend systems at will. This is an important distinction and short-circuits the companies that would like to hold your business hostage with high priced systems and services based upon proprietary interfaces or operating systems software. Require modules/subsystems to ONLY spit out and process standardized XML and it makes it very simple to allow competitive bids for systems work since there is no work to disentangle the interfaces.

#11     Oct 14, 2003
  2. gwb-trading

gwb-trading

Reminds me of a story of a Hedge Fund two years ago that laid off it's Programing and IT staff. Most of the staff had several years experience with the firm.

The company outsourced these jobs overseas while proudly crowing to the financial community about how much money they were saving.

The problem is ... that the overseas contractors had nowhere near the level of experience with financial programming and IT services that their in-house staff had acquired. They also failed to recognize all the other difficulties / costs; time zone differences, language/dialect issues, etc. involved in working with a off-shore
    contract situation. So your SW crashed right when the market opened... tough luck ... it is the middle of the night elsewhere.

Two years later, in 2003, the Hedge Fund is fumbling; they are desperately trying to recruit their previous US based staff back... to no avail.

This Hedge Fund went under in 2003.... primarily due to their outsourcing decision rather than their investment performance.

#12     Oct 14, 2003
  3. fxtest

fxtest

I shall make trading system or the indicator on your algorithm. From 20 $ for ready work. I can write on Omega Research ProSuite, MataStock, Meta Trader and others.

Save your time with the help me.

fxtest@mail.ru

#13     Oct 14, 2003
  4. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Yes. I agree. Many firms act foolishly in these repsects and these types of acts reflect the quality of the firms management. Even large listed companies frequently have mediocre management talent.

In many cases these companies systems are a network of patched undocumented interfaces. In most cases these unwieldy brittle systems came about through the direct efforts of the programmers and designers that built them: the individuals knew and know full well that once they were in production their jobs were gauranteed since in many cases the designers and builders were the only people that truly understand the systems.

What is happening today is that more informed management at many of these firms are looking to reduce the risk of running the business and they are working to eliminate the instances of employees or vendors that are holding their business hostage. The way they are doing this is piece by piece, building the xml interfaces that allow the backend systems to be swapped out and in cases of problem employees or contractors that purposefully built these type of systems to preserve their contracts or jobs they are eliminating such people /vendors once the interfaces are operational.

This is a big, unstated problem at many, many companies.

#14     Oct 15, 2003
  5. yes, let him code your profitable system for $20/ hour, then watch him trade it himself- seems pretty fishy, especially when the guy speaks broken english.

#15     Oct 15, 2003
  6. fxtest

fxtest

I the programmer. In Russia the small salary. What for to search for a dirty trick where it is not present? With the best regards. :confused:

#16     Oct 16, 2003
  7. I don't understand it? If you are that good why you have to
    live in Russia with low salary?
    Home sweet home, But it's not bad Idea to relocate if there
    isn't much demand for you in russia. I wish i were a programer
    and i would knew what to do with my career

#17     Oct 16, 2003
  8. just21

just21

I put my programming request on www.rentacoder.com and got five replies. Cheapest was from India.

#18     Oct 16, 2003
  9. The trend of deflation is on software industry as I said a few months ago (see below) and it is under the impulse of IBM - who decided to endorse Linux (oh by the way do you know that Torvald the creator of Linux has revealed in an interview that he is a scientolog haha !) - and Sun - who released freely some softwares (they have even been questioned on Javalobby if they didn't want to kill independant software makers by doing so : they couldn't answer as they didn't read the interview of Sun's CEO like I did :D ) - that software will have less and less value-added and so will be delocalised notably I agree with standardisation of interfaces through XML (BTW here's also a thread where I mentioned the importance of interface concept in Object Programming at the time they weren't yet implemented in industry except as embryos http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19888&perpage=6&pagenumber=12)

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19609&highlight=deflation

"Deflation is on software industry because of the hardware sector leaded by IBM and Sun which want to reduce it to worthless commodity. It is no good for job market either. In the future software engineers will be jobless like the electronician engineers sometimes ago. Software will be delivered online through these two giants mainly at term. That's at least the declared purpose of SUN's CEO a few years ago which envisioned that SEMA group firm and software companies will be erased. I don't think they could erase that sector completely but for sure due to IBM's power the software industry will suffer deeply. A great sign: for the first time in his career Steve Jobs is selling his shares of Microsoft. Bill Gates has begun to do so long before him. So it is not good for Microsoft but it is not good for many others - I speak for long term (10 years perhaps), short term people won't just see nothing as usual."

#19     Oct 16, 2003
  10. Are you ignoring some realities ? To live a country you must have money especially when coming to a country where cost living is much higher than the origin ... and it is not easy to obtain an authorisation for entry from officials when you are poor. The freedom to ciculate around the world is not for everybody...

#20     Oct 16, 2003