Server Problems ????

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by jimmygold, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Whats going on ?? its been nearly an hour and still SR is not back up yet !!
    I have never seen it go down to this extent in 5 months since I used it. Luckily, I had just gotten out of position.

But what happens if you are a Scalper and you get caught in a position when Servers go down ?? Does Broker give refunds ??

Iam relatively new to emini futures. Does this ever happen to other people at IB or with other platform/brokers ??

This is totally unacceptable !!!

2. Haha....all programs everywhere go down. What firm is your SR through?

But what happens if you are a Scalper and you get caught in a position when Servers go down ?? Does Broker give refunds ??

What happens is that you better take care of it right away....call your orders in and get yourself out. Have you also checked your pc and internet connection if thats the issue...sure no one ever thinks its their pc, but most traders are traders and not too technologically gifted in the ways of IP and OS optimization.

You should also review the paperwork when you opened your account, as is anywhere from the stock market to futures, from anyone out there...its your problem is the software goes out...not theirs, and of course they wont refund, not even the exchange will refund, its all part of the online trading excitement.

Overall just pay attention and keep track of what you're doing...and if the connection dies call your trades in and take care of it.

Reboot
    Scan for Virus's and even more importantly for Adware....use adaware and spybot...both free...both in the top 3 of best software for cleaning your pc.

3. Thanks, I guess its part of the Risk you take on in Online trading. BTW, it was a down server and NOT a pc or Internet connection.

Incidentally, not sure what your beginning phrase was all about. "Haha", sounds like someone trying to rub a bad situation in someone elses face. You sound gleeful or something.

Well, haha back my friend Because I was already out of my only trade today, which was positive, 10 minutes before SR server went down.

4. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Scan for Virus's and even more importantly for Adware....use adaware and spybot...both free...both in the top 3 of best software for cleaning your pc. [/B][/QUOTE]

What list?

both are dated produts. They have performed well in the past but now they are junk!

Unfortunately the updates are rare and malawares and spywares are increasing

I recommend these free products to install:

AVS aol (Kasperski) excellent!
    Comodo firewall
    Comodo antispyware (new)
    Spyware Terminator (real time protection)

5. Lorenzo

Lorenzo

Scalpers do not use Strategy Runner and its frog Dom