Server Based System Development for Automated Trading

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Leyton, Jul 31, 2007.

1. Leyton

Leyton

Hi Guys,

I would like to automate my FOREX trading using a system I would like to develop.

Since I'm a heavy trader, I am looking for a reliable server based solution, which can host my system and ensure its execution.

I am also interested in programming my system (which I am now trading manually) to run on this server platform.

Where should I begin my search?

Cheers,
    L.

2. When you mention server based... are you planning on having the ATS server hosted by the exchange or the broker? Or are you just talking about getting a 10+ server farm racked up at your home/office?

Another question is how comfortable are you with the IT stuff? More-so, what's your current setup?

Considering that you're manually entering orders, I don't see a reason to invest in the hardware as of this moment.

Develop the systems first. Once (While) it's developed, you'll find the appropriate setup you need to implement them.

- In this time of age, manual trading is not exactly heavy...

3. StrategyRunner

StrategyRunner Strategy Runner, Ltd.

Dear Leyton,

Strategy Runner provides a complete solutions for Server based automated trading and can offer you the solution you are looking for!

How a server-based solution works?
    Orders are not executed on the clients computer.
    Instead, the Strategy Runner server at the broker's site originates and executes the trades generated by all strategies, in all their respective subscribers' individual accounts.

Our Strategy development department with years of experience in algorithm trading, can help you automate your trading strategy into an Automated System. Our developers will work with your quant and analysts to develop and automate your trading system.

For more info and to get a quote please send an email to:
    info@strategyrunner.com.

Strategy Runner
    Server Based Solutions for algorithmic trading
    http://www.strategyrunner.com

4. try cloud9trader

5. alistera

alistera

Any VPS works however some are more reliable than others, development depends on which language or platform you use, Tradestation/Ninjatrader/TWS, or hand built using data feeds which are ideal with C++/C# however for concept PHP can work with talib.