Serise 7 Sponsership

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by DonDinero, Jun 24, 2006.

  1. Is there anyway you can get sponsored for a series 7 license, from an independent firm were you can pay to get sponsored and without working for a trading firm. Just trading for my self and since am doing pretty good, would like to start a small business with just a few clients, mostly family member just want to start with 5 accounts.

    Thank You in advance.
  2. You do not need a Series 7 if you are just going to manage a few accounts. If you manage those accounts through a broker then the broker will clear the trades and they have the 7. You might need to be a registered investment advisor or take the 65 exam. However if the number of clients are small enough and the amount of money is under a certain amount (have to google to look it up) you are exempt from registration as an advisor.

    So the 7 is not relevant, you are just managing people's money which is a different set of licensing and regulation.
  3. Thanks OC...