Seriously thinking turning Fulltime trader

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by innovest_11, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Besides hormones, lack of sleep hits your immune system really hard. I'm going to tell you what you already know: all the money in the world won't help you if you don't have your health. If you've been getting no sleep for a long time, it will have effected your hormone levels and you may want to check this out as well:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/symptoms.htm

It sounds like you love trading - and I can totally relate - but don't let it kill you!

#71     Jun 9, 2008
  2. A 40% gain and a few months is about 3 years and a few hundred % shy of impressive.

You have a long way to go. If you can do this, be VERY unwilling to give up your job. When you have 500,000 or so, then you might consider it, with a family.

You would be amazed how a bad week can cut your entire bank account by > 50%.

#72     Jun 9, 2008
  3. A 40% gain and a few months is about 3 years and a few hundred % shy of impressive.

You have a long way to go. If you can do this, be VERY unwilling to give up your job. When you have 500,000 or so, then you might consider it, with a family.

You would be amazed how a bad week can cut your entire bank account by > 50%.

You can trade from work. get a good laptop + wireless internet from sprint/verizon/cingular. Then it is invisible to your company. I am not talking about fulltime trading here, just something that allows you to see your positions once an hour or so.

#73     Jun 9, 2008
  4. Don't forget about taxes... they can kill!!!

#74     Jun 11, 2008
  5. innovest_11, Did you go full-time ? I just went full-time day trading futures ...

#75     Jun 14, 2008
  6. i planning to go fulltime soon, pls advise me not to :D seriously...

decided to give it a shot, if things go wrong, will go back to work force after 3 months

#76     Jun 18, 2008
  7. For some traders the more time they spend trading, the less they make... A good swing trader needs less than 2 hours a day to make great returns.

#77     Jun 18, 2008
  8. eagle

eagle

Is it possible to accumulate your vacation time (by not taking a few years) to 2-3 months? And then trade full-time during your vacation. My opinion is that if you're not making enough money (not successful enough) during your part-time trading, then chances are there won't be big difference when you go full-time.

#78     Jun 18, 2008
  9. I have not gone fulltime, i have taken advice of going vacation and trade fulltime. Surprising, the result is not so good, worse than before. When u have so much time, u tend to over do things.

Back to day job from vacation. Account got about 20% increase since last time i posted in this thread

I'm still thinking of going fulltime... sick of my day job

#79     Oct 21, 2008
  10. Can you go half and half?

#80     Oct 21, 2008