SERIOUSLY need help with this career

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by xxfunguyxx, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Hi guys,

I posted three times here before. Found it very helpful. Long story short, I wanna be a trader, but I lack almost all the detials on what a trader does...plz dont ask me why then would I wanna be one. I just do

Here is my question. I was speaking with a equity sales trader, and it turns out I have very very little knowledge of the different roles that a trader has.

She apparently told me, with the little time we had, that there are 3 kinds of traders. Traders who do sales and client service. Traders who execute trades. And traders who get invovled with planning.

Now, with the above written in simple language. Please please help me in anyway possible, whether it be direct me to informational websites, or just posting. Please explain these different roles to me in proper terms and finance jargon. As well as the roles and duties each has. Thank you so much

2. you gotta be kidding...

3. with as HUGE as the internet is and info readily accessible, do a SEARCH of those terms and see what you find.

4. she was totally bullshitting you.

5. You should take a shower, comb your hair, and then try to marry HER.

6. bespoke

bespoke

Your high school guidance counselor should be able to help you. Ask them.

7. LOL ! This fool is getting daytrading mixed up w/ being a financial representative / investment advisor.

God help any of your future clients.

8. nell

nell

agree !

9. Baywolf

Baywolf

............................................________
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:”........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`

10. bespoke

bespoke

1 palm isn't enough for this thread

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/13eDfrMgFQM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/13eDfrMgFQM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#10     Aug 28, 2008