Seriously, can anybody trade the ES?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by ChkitOut, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Its such a bitch. I'll tell you the 2 things that keeps me in it. Wide stops and keeping the CLOCK in your face just as much as the chart.

#11     Apr 11, 2008
  2. The ES is not a breakout market it's a reversion to the mean market ...given certain constraints.

#12     Apr 11, 2008
  3. #13     Apr 11, 2008
  4. Me too. I am getting filty rich trading the Jack Hershey Method in ES. Highly recommended.

#14     Apr 11, 2008

5. HAHAHHAHAHAHHA

#15     Apr 11, 2008
  6. I like jack hershey's beginner rockets method. Good for $75,000 per year per contract he says. It works like this: see a big move then get in before it ends. If you get in and it immediately reverses on you, you did it wrong. Voila ! Once you get to the point where you never do it wrong, you're in Candyland man.

#16     Apr 11, 2008
  7. Hmmm... You must have purchased the advanced beginners Rocketeer version because the way my Jack Hershey "Rocketeer for winners" works is this:
    1) Listen to Jack or Spyder at all times
    2) As a big move happens and really starts to accelerate you keep listening.
    3) As the move is making 5, 6, and sometimes 10 points you keep listening.
    4) As the move is over you hear Jack or Spyder say "Okay, hope you guys got all of that like we did yuck yuck!"
    5) You go back to "listening" for the next "call"

#17     Apr 11, 2008
  8. How clueless are you? One of the main ridicules is that Jack and Spyder DONT make live calls.

Now we got new idiots who bash JH and ST and don't even know how to bash right :D

#18     Apr 11, 2008
  9. Yes, it can be traded, but it is not easy.

Trading the ES requires time and patience.

Granted, it is choppier than CL, NQ, GC, ZN, and others; but I am sticking with it, because at some point, a trader has to pick something and settle down. Expertise comes easiest when one specializes.

I see myself doing this for the next twenty-five years (been doing it since 2003), and the ES trades enough size for me not to outgrow it.

if you like trading orb, then ES is not a good fit. I'd choose the Nasdaq, or individual stocks.

But I tape read and look for failed breakouts. ES is a good fit for me.

#19     Apr 11, 2008
  10. Crap.....sorry. I don't know what I was thinking.:confused:

#20     Apr 11, 2008