Serious Traders Group

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by J_Smith, Jul 13, 2016.

1. SkyChef

SkyChef

He also mentioned the commodity trader, so I think my probability of being correct is very high. And my favorite quote "Shit. I thought I know". :)

#41     Jul 13, 2016
  2. :p:finger:...that sentence sounds so naively Hippie -- and Wall St...is definitely no place for hippies__

#42     Jul 13, 2016
  3. Handle123

Handle123

Guess that's why I never accepted any jobs at Wall Street, don't wear a tie unless someone died. Am more of a T-shirt and shorts wearing old fart.

I often think very few at Wall Street have much at all. Great deal of stress.

#43     Jul 13, 2016
  4. Even fewer know how to read price without charts.

Common ET myth.

Very, very overrated.

Never day trade unless you have a proven methodology and know what you're doing.

Personally, I think ET is for entertainment and mostly a waste of time. Also, I don't think it's likely to find any value in private groups. Those who have made worthwhile discoveries and progress from hard work on their own ain't going to share it, while those who's read a lot of books and THINK they know something just can't keep their mouth shut 'teaching' although they know nothing. :)

#44     Jul 13, 2016
    motif, conduit and victorycountry like this.
  5. J_Smith

J_Smith

Depends on what timeframe you are trading if you need to know - but I agree.

Nothing to do with ET - of course the squiggly lines can be used, same as anything can be used, but they are not the "best" way to determine the optimal entry and exit levels - there is a far better method used by seasoned traders, which is not readily available in the usual text book rubbish, but is available from a very small group who do not advertise their courses widely, as they have no need to.

Most traders will not agree with this, for obvious reasons.
    Never daytrade until you have proven to yourself that you can make money each and every day you trade - for there is absolutely no reason in the world why you can not - forget the text book rubbish in relation to R:R, and all the other crap like Van Tharp spits out!

Know what you need to do, and DO IT!

You got that one right about ET:thumbsup:

J_S

#45     Jul 13, 2016
    victorycountry likes this.
  6. J_Smith

J_Smith

Btw, I was speaking with a programmer this evening in relation to developing a customized daytrading order entry programme for TWS - if we agree and go ahead, I will not be setting up this group, as I will have to put all my time and effort into getting the programme operational.

If we do not go ahead, then I will start the group if anyone is interested.

I will know in the next day or so.

J_S

#46     Jul 13, 2016
  7. Count me in. But your profile is locked.

#47     Jul 13, 2016
  8. conduit

conduit

Serious trader group? I thought you primarily devote your time to gardening?

#48     Jul 13, 2016
    gkishot likes this.
  9. conduit

conduit

Talking shites all the time? But isn't that what you are exactly doing in most threads? Seriously mate, look up your past posts. Each thread has the "I can't discuss this right now as I am gardening at the moment". You are one of the least serious people in this endeavor.

And why no fx traders? Because there are more losers than those trading other asset classes? But I thought you anyway want to invite only serious traders so why trying to make a difference? Or do serious fx traders know too much about macro that you find hard to follow?

Seriously I am confused. Not looking to disrespect you but your talking about gardening virtually all the time and now interest in serious traders somehow sounds contradicting.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    #49     Jul 13, 2016
    gkishot likes this.
  10. You said it had no value whatsoever. Fairly ignorant statement.

I didn't say it was worthless; I said it was very, very overrated.

Sure, if you use volume in some kind of supplemental role, fine, but since it's very, very important, how do you utilize it in your trading then?

#50     Jul 14, 2016