Serious Traders Group

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by J_Smith, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Which post, I'm curious?

btw, I agree with you that a chatroom can be productive...Not everyone is hyper focused on the next tick in the market and good discussion can definitely be productive.

#11     Jul 13, 2016
  2. Handle123

Handle123

Almost everything is automated, I have much more time reading your delightful comments. Just killing time till I get that call that says am in remission then I be gone. Am sure many will be happy of that day and so will I.

Actually, I have read some very good ideas from earlier posts, but one has to dig cause most of what on here now isn't worth much.

#12     Jul 13, 2016
  3. J_Smith

J_Smith

Look at Optionguru's new thread on straddles - most can not see any value in it, and see it as just another one of the many threads that end up nowhere - but, there definitely is value in it, if you think about it!

I might be a "thich" Irish Paddy, but I am not a fool:D

People tend to forget that trading is no different to other professions - it is very important with whom you associate.

One thing is for sure - the threads on these forums are not worth a shite, as 99.999% of them are nothing more than people talking out their arses, and as H3 rightly says, only a handful actually trade, the rest are what I call...

"Walter Mitty's":rolleyes:

J_S

#13     Jul 13, 2016
  4. J_Smith

J_Smith

Side note.

Some years ago, on another site, I joined as a newbie, read a few books, bought a few courses, and knew it all, of course:rolleyes:

The whole site was picking on 2 people - I said to myself, if everyone is against these 2, then they must know something - which they did, well, one of them anyway, and I befriended them both, and traded with one for a good bit.

During that time another came on board - commodities background - the truth is compared to him, the rest of us hadn't a fukin clue - if you want to really learn about trading, then get close to a BIG commodity trader - as they trade pure supply and demand, the tenants of which can be applied to non commodity markets, such as index futures.

If you think I am mad, I am, but I know how to differentiate between dim wits and those who actaully know what it is they speak about.

Watch OG, he is no fool, believe me - but he is too clever to give the real good stuff away, which he is of course 1000% correct;)

J_S

#14     Jul 13, 2016
  5. eganon69

eganon69

I would be interested but I am a swing trader not a day trader. So I may go days before I have a trade and then several days that I trade frequently. I tried to PM you but your profile is private

#15     Jul 13, 2016
  6. Everyone is essentially a "Serious trader" ....we're all here to make money. -- and nothing is more serious...then money o_O:)

But I'm personally not interested in joining a so-called 'serious traders group' --
    I'm just here to pass time and for small talk. I already know how and what to trade -- and I'm not interested in helping/teaching ppl or talking about it.

#16     Jul 13, 2016
    JSOP likes this.
  7. J_Smith

J_Smith

Working now, just got a PM.

J_S

#17     Jul 13, 2016
  8. K-Pia

K-Pia

I'll tell you my secret.
    Convexity = Volatility + Flexibility + Asymmetry.
    I am spike trader, I trade ++ disequilibrium.
    Which is liquidity hole + liquidity takers.
    Flexibility is dynamic take profit.
    Asymmetry is benign losses.

I don't trade when market is in contradiction (Negative Feedbacks).
    Path of least resistance has to be the same as liquidity taking.

#18     Jul 13, 2016
    Simples likes this.
  9. J_Smith

J_Smith

Neither am I - but I get bored talking to myself!

J_S

#19     Jul 13, 2016
  10. J_Smith

J_Smith

Here is my secret...

"the only thing I know, is that I really know nothing"

J_S

#20     Jul 13, 2016
    K-Pia likes this.