Serious Question on Napoleon Hill Theory of Sex Transmutation

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Li Ka Shing, Jan 27, 2006.

1. What an uncanny coincidence. The same thought had crossed my mind as well. Go figure.

On the other hand, I think that the reason Ms. Market is not always a fun date is because she takes her job far too seriously: she wears leather, carries a whip and is a fairly strict disciplinarian.

#31     Jan 31, 2006
  2. Hendl4

Hendl4

Two Points:

- FYI: Women also have a sex drive! And don't forget it.

- From what I can recall from my Intro Psych course, Hill's theory sounds somewhat Freudian in nature. If I remember correctly, Freud (and/or some of his followers) remarked that many creative folks (artists, etc.) sublimate (transform?) their sex drive into their creative endeavors.

So, if any of us traders find trading "creative" in nature, maybe some of us are doing that.

As for myself - not sure what I believe. I have noticed, however, that when I trade I block out any other problems, etc., I might have. This is similar for me when I do something creative; drawing, writing, etc. Sex can fall into this category, as well.:) :)

#32     Feb 2, 2006
  3. easymon1

easymon1

kaching.jpg

Thread OP, and a OG besides!

Looks like Mr Li got it figured out ok.

The Honourable Sir
    Li Ka-shing
    GBM KBE JP

Li was born in Chao'an, Chaozhou in Guangdong Province in 1928 to Teochew parents. Owing to his father's death, he was forced to leave school before the age of 15 and found a job in a plastics trading company where he worked 16 hours a day.[17] In 1950 he started his own company, Cheung Kong Industries.[18] From manufacturing plastics, Li developed his company into a leading real estate investment company in Hong Kong that was listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in 1971. Cheung Kong expanded by acquiring Hutchison Whampoa and Hongkong Electric Holdings Limited in 1979 and 1985 respectively.[19]

In September 2017, Li worked with Alibaba's Jack Ma to bring a digital wallet service to Hong Kong.[20] In March 2018, Li retired at the age of 89 after a 68-year reign over his holdings and assets companies. He continues to serve his conglomerate as a senior advisor and his son, Victor Li, has succeeded him as chairman.[21]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Ka-shing

#33     Aug 31, 2019
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Your post and picture have nothing to do with this thread's topic. Did you have sex before you posted?

The message in Hills book for traders is this: jerk off before the trading day so you can concentrate on trading more. Quite simple.

#34     Aug 31, 2019
  5. easymon1

easymon1

mr pekelo,

greetings,

yeah, I read that chapter during the summer of my 17th year. Been there, Done that.

the name of the original poster was Li Ka-shing.

As you know, mr Li is one of the original Billionaires - self made, mind you, he did not win the genetic lottery and make it the old fashioned way, by inheriting it, no he dropped out of high school and kicked some serious ass.

He lives in Hong Kong, where this picture was taken in an infinity pool on a skyskraper, with quite a view. Hong Kong's in the news lately since a regime that wants to exert more influence in that sweet little enclave of wild west free bird capitalism, and the top dogs of the new boss will not take kindly to ANY of the old bosses. We may unfortunatly be seeing the sunset for Hong Kong. A hell of a loss imho.

Props to the old man, and his rare type.

Look at the face on that old man when you take a sec and actualy R E A D the wikipedia article.

Dude is a force of nature. When I see that name, I naturally want to see what contains it. Turned out to be this thread.

What you do with that picture is your business, brother.

Wash your hands, tho.

You will go blind if not careful.

do you wear glasses?

cheers

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    #35     Aug 31, 2019