Serious Question on Napoleon Hill Theory of Sex Transmutation

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Li Ka Shing, Jan 27, 2006.

1. The concept of the transmutation of sexual energy directly corresponds to Qi in Taoism. Many schools of thought do not define a difference between life energy and sex energy.

I have met a handful of extremely successful people in my life (financial and otherwise). Interestingly, every single one of them espoused the philosophies proposed by Napoleon Hill.

By cultivating Chi (through the transmutation of sex energy or some other way) an individual can produce quantum changes in all aspects of ones life. I've had some direct experience of this myself.

There is no direct application to trading, unless you would include being able to exercise great discipline, incredible intuition, and physcial endurance as important in trading. wink wink

I enjoy responding to threads like this, but due to childish replies by small minded people, I do not follow them, so feel free to pm if you wish to discuss this further in a serious way.

#11     Jan 29, 2006
  2. toc

toc

You missed the main message, for any job be fresh and energetic, i.e. keep matters balanced and in tune. Also you got to have fun at work to want to get ahead and successful in it, with low energy levels, even fun becomes a uphill task. I do not want to discuss or argue on nitty gritty points.

#12     Jan 30, 2006
  3. swheat

swheat

Hill is giving an example of how basic emotional drives motivate people to action. He also notes how a harmonious family (and social) life allows a person to focus on work appropriately. The goal is a balanced and happy life.

> You can't grow rich following crappy recipes written for and sold to the average Joe.

Yes, yes, that’s absolutely correct. It’s much better to take advice from wanabes who pound their chests on pubic internet message boards. Or better yet, just assume you know everything there is know about life and declare yourself the Master. You can fool everyone! It’s easy!

>And where did Mr Hill get his Medical degree? There is no correlation between s.e.x. >and trading.. N.O.N.E. Investing...trading is very cerebral, quantitative and analytical. >Sex is hormonal driven...not cerebral. He may have gotten the idea from anecdotal >stories of prize fighters who wouldn't have sex before the fight because they wanted all >their aggression/testosterone in high gear for the fight. Not the same thing at all in >trading... imo (though I don't have a medical degree I do have a degree in Chemistry)

You are completely missing the point. There is tremendous power in focusing your mind, setting goals, and developing your will power. You eliminate fear and act decisively. Your mind is open to possibilities since you are non-defensive and your only objective is achieving your goal.

The thought manifests as the word;
    The word manifests as the deed;
    The deed develops into habit;
    And habit hardens into character;
    So watch the thought and its ways with care,
    And let it spring from love
    Born out of concern for all beings...
    As the shadow follows the body,
    As we think, so we become.

The Buddha

#13     Jan 30, 2006
  4. brilliant book but no wonder some of the folks out there think its all B/S fairy tale stuff... difficult to relate to a lot of the key contents if one doesn't have the relevant 'life experience(s)' imo, no offense meant to anyone...

#14     Jan 30, 2006
  5. I am perhaps not as well versed in the specifics. It appears to me that you can collect sexual experiences directly, and pursue the release of that energy above all goals. At the ultimate extreme, this manner of acting leads to financial ruin.

It appears also to me that when a man begins to focus on his goals, and aligns his goals and actions together, prosperity follows and women are attracted. It could be to the outer prosperity, or the kind of powerful energy that results from such focus.

I find it more powerful to pursue my financial goals, and my goals of connecting with people. Sexual opportunities abound, but at the same time I increase my net worth at a faster rate than ever in my life. To me this is the most exciting thing. The women are incidental to this process for me. Perhaps when I reach another plateau I will change my focus, but for now I enjoy the way I channel my energy and feel consistently refreshed.

#15     Jan 30, 2006
  6. inCom

inCom

A client of mine has a theory: around the 40s, the man (male) finally acquires a balance between his two heads. :D

GS

#16     Jan 30, 2006
  7. Hamlet

Hamlet

That coincides with a man's peak earning years.

#17     Jan 30, 2006

8. Good theory. I have noticed that the less I try to get it, the more it just falls into my lap. Pun intended.

#18     Jan 30, 2006
  9. chapter 11 means if you want to make your woman (man for others), you will want to work hard to give her the thing she truly desired. It will give you the motivation and the drive to satisfy your desire to make her happy.

It has nothing to do with sexual thing.

Of course, in current day speaking when it mean please your partner, it means bigging penis or bigger boobs as promoted by all these men's mags.

#19     Jan 30, 2006
  10. I cannot speak for everyone but if I went a few rounds with Jessica Alba or Scarlett Johanssen, I would certainly be useless thereafter in fornt of a trading screen LOL.

#20     Jan 30, 2006