Serious Problems with Genesis' Laser

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by speculari, Sep 30, 2005.

1. No problem. Ya it does refresh real-time, just started to do this a few weeks ago when a fellow genesis trader told me this is what he does.

Can't wait till Monday.

#21     Oct 1, 2005
  2. mrbud

mrbud

Speculari, mine does this as well. I thought it was because I have it linked to Esignal.

#22     Oct 1, 2005
  3. Serge Pustelnik

Serge Pustelnik Genesis Securities

The analysis problem is mainly linked to
    a) available RAM
    b) open positions

Since the net (blue) analyzer does a lot of statistical calculations on your performance (I really hope you guys use those, such as entry method and time frame, gambler's edge, etc.), if you are trading too many stocks (which is not the case in your situation - I saw the screenshot) or too many trades, insufficient RAM and/or window resources may cause this problem.

b) If you have open positions, some analysis will be incorrect (such as analysis that tracks total round-turn trades). Moreover, if you are scaling in and out of position, since we use the FIFO method, when you open the analyzer mid way through, it can cause crashes as well, as the analysis cannot be complete.

Therefore, I recommend to

a) Take a look at your RAM and Windows resources
    b) Do not open the analyzer while in open positions, if possible
    c) never keep analyzer open at all times - mainly b/c it uses a LOT of computing and memory power - you want to leave that to when you are trading.
    d) contact me directly using information below and we will try to work this together.

#23     Oct 1, 2005
  4. I never got a call back from serge. However I added an extra GB of memory (now at 1.5G total). If any of you guys are running laser on a machine with standard 512MB of memory you might want to consider bumping it up.

Also I cut down on the programs running, I have eSignal up on a seperate computer. I haven't had the problem since.

Hope this helps.

#24     Oct 7, 2005
  5. Serge,

What about stop losses are they coming soon? Otherwise my hat is off to you guys from building a good, robust system from the ground up.

M

#25     Oct 7, 2005
  6. VMTrader

VMTrader

Anyone having problems with Execution Connection Lost on Laser? I've been getting that problem for a while now ever since the upgrade and it occurs multiple times every day.

It is not my system which worked fine with Laser before the latest upgrade. This issue disconnects you from the Execution server and forces you out to log on again - It happens every 20 minutes or so and the 30 seconds it takes to log in again can cost you big especially in a fast moving mrkt. And it's so damn annoying.

I've talked to Serge and they say they're working on it but I wondered if other ppl were having this problem. Let me know. Thanks.

#26     Nov 1, 2005
  7. No problems here....

#27     Nov 1, 2005
  8. I love Genesis :)

#28     Nov 1, 2005
  9. anyone else having problems today? i can't connect to the executor

#29     Nov 2, 2005
  10. VMTrader

VMTrader

Everyone is - They're saying the probel is with Con Ed - their ISP

#30     Nov 2, 2005