Serious Problems with Genesis' Laser

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by speculari, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Yeah I think if the platform is showing two different gross amounts (-550 vs. -1100) and two different total shares traded amounts (16000 vs 32000) that is a very serious problem.

#11     Sep 30, 2005
  2. Millenium, are you thinking about reinstalling just laser or your operating system from scratch?

#12     Sep 30, 2005
  3. log off and on and see if that helps. Mine does that too, but always corrects itself.

#13     Sep 30, 2005
  4. Should'nt these questions be directed to tech help at genesis. Serge ..anyone from Genesis ?

#14     Sep 30, 2005
  5. Just to follow up, I checked my botter today and the correct gross was -550. Even though it wasn't the four-figure loss that I was fearing, it was still unacceptable. Totally my fault, I should have stopped trading as soon as laser was acting up because it seriously threw me off.

I am going to attempt to see if their is anything on my end to correct the issue, but If I am still having problems I won't be able to continue to trade under these conditions.

#15     Oct 1, 2005
  6. i have the same problem with laser its tells me theres an error when i want to check my net and i have to press ok like 15 times and i also have problems deleting orders i love laser but i hope they take care of this soon.

#16     Oct 1, 2005
  7. Well this is something I do, and you guys might wanna try it.. Since the score only shows gross.. but the analysis shows net u can leave the analysis window open at all times. Just scale it urself to leave only the net showing. and overlap the chat box on top of the parts you dont wanna see. So now, i see my net change as i trade.

I do get the error message as well.. but i only check the whole analysis at eod and no need to open it any other time of the day.

#17     Oct 1, 2005
  8. Thanks shaman I will try this out. So if I leave the analysis window open it will update real-time?

Well I am a bit relieved to hear that at least I am not the only one. Some of the earlier responses on this thread were leading me to believe that my computer was the problem. I'm still going to attempt to clean up my hard drive this weekend to see if it helps any.

#18     Oct 1, 2005
  9. yes i will do the same thanks for the help

#19     Oct 1, 2005
  10. i love my laser :)

#20     Oct 1, 2005