SERIOUS-Market to "tank" or "soar" tomorrow (FOMC) Decision

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Oct 30, 2007.

1. what the hell is FOCM?

#11     Oct 30, 2007
  2. Arnie , couldnt agree more. The quarter point cut is priced in fully. Equities , energy, and metals are all up while the dollar has been further trashed. The rate cut is priced into these asset classes and so i am looking for all to crack in the short-medium term. Who is left to buy?

#12     Oct 30, 2007
  3. FOMC = The Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) decision on interest rates is one of the most powerful market movers in the forex market and when the markets move traders trading the news have the opportunity to make money.

#13     Oct 30, 2007
  4. Sounds great. Have you BACKTESTED your idea. Do you KNOW how the market has reacted to other Fed actions that were "priced fully." I'm not trying to bust your balls but I can think of TEN times where the Fed did what was expected and the market STILL made the move it also was expected to make.

I give you kudo's for at least understanding counter-intuitive thinking but often it's the wise guy who's the fade.

P.S. The policy statement will tell all.

#14     Oct 30, 2007
  5. limit

limit

after all the hoopla to the upside, it does a slow burn to the downside. The big guys have all had several weeks to prepare for this. Got to clean this thing out more than a couple %.

#15     Oct 30, 2007
  6. akeyla

akeyla

Uncle Ben can't let the market down. He is too scared about Cramer foaming at the mouth again. Raises 25 BP. Modest rally.

#16     Oct 30, 2007
  7. gobar

gobar

buy put and call of GS..

anything happens GS goes $10 higher or $10 lower...

#17     Oct 30, 2007
  8. akeyla

akeyla

Sorry, Should read lowers 25 BP.

#18     Oct 30, 2007
  9. #19     Oct 30, 2007
  10. Im truly interested to see what happens tomorrow. This is one of the few times that I think there's possibilities of either extreme (no cut or 50bps).

It's a true coin flip tomorrow and one that's going to move the markets.

#20     Oct 30, 2007