Serious issue : daytrader-swingtrader inner conflict

Discussion in 'Trading' started by neo_hr, Nov 12, 2001.

1. neo_hr

neo_hr

Hello!

After reading this horrible thread "Comments on this site..." or something like this where this Shotnfool-mister-whatever-tradeRX insulted guys I really belive to bee good traders by their posts (Babak, Turok, Tharp, Privateer, Candletrader, VINIGAR, GH!, etc...) I felt the need to appologize to all professional, senior (HELPFUL) members of this site as I guess that is how my posts looked in the beginning.

Overflooding ET and members' e mails. Anyway, sorry once again guys and good trading today!

Alex

UPDATE : Candle, seems you have a "special relationship" with TradeRX he he :D

#21     Nov 13, 2001
  2. Yes Neo... TradeRX aka Doug Neston changes his nick on a weekly basis and talks useless banter under each of his identities... gotta pity the guy ... I am glad you picked up on the fact that TradeRX (Doug Neston) is not exactly very popular in these quarters!

All decent posters on Elitetrader would agree with me on the uselessness of taking anything TradeRX (or his current alias, Doug Neston) says seriously.

#22     Nov 13, 2001
  3. something else you might do...locate a successful trader that is willing to help you...and emulate him. you must be sure he is truly successful w/his particular chosen strategy, and that he is willing to let you l@@k over his shoulder 8 hours a day.

this may help you avoid losing more & more cachigo during that treacherous unavoidable learning curve.

good luck to you [you need it]

[dancing] doug neston

#23     Nov 13, 2001
  4. Miki

Miki

candle, i think you are far too hard on TradeRX.

He has helped me a great deal with his trading strategies.

My bankruptcy hearing is next week! :)

#24     Nov 13, 2001
  5. Grabbit

Grabbit

Neo,

Borrowed money is scared money.

NEVER trade with money you borrowed somewhere.

Go swingtrading. Papertrade only. Swingtrading, other than daytrading, can very well be practiced/tested by papertrading. QuoteTracker is (almost) perfect for that.
    Take advantage of the fact that the 25K rule prevents you from losing more money.
    Use the days that you can't trade for study, research, self-reflection, and surf, surf, surf a lot over the web. Develop a strategy, develop your own strategy. Don't adhere to gurus. Find something that suits you, and test it thoroughly by papertrading, thus learning and gaining confidence.
    Find your own way.

Just my idea about this.

#25     Nov 13, 2001

6. Well you have 7 posts by your name. Quite new... TradeRX's nick has been out of action for a while (making it difficult for me to understand how a new guy here can be helped out by TradeRX), having assumed the new name Doug Neston. It takes a while to get to know what TradeRX is really like, Miki ... unless of course you already 'really' know.

#26     Nov 13, 2001
  7. dottom

dottom

Do a little of both. Enter 50% on a swing position and trade with the other 50% of what you would normally risk on one trade.

If you can't decide to swing or daytrade b/c of the dreaded "holding positions overnight" that a lot of daytrades have psychological problems with, just close all your positions on close and open them again the next day.

If you're strategy is sound the extra commissions shouldn't matter much.

#27     Nov 13, 2001
  8. tom_p

tom_p

candle, Miki was just being facetious and I wish to allay your suspicions that he is in any way connected to tradeRX. A quick glance at his past posts reveals that, unlike tradeRX, he's from the UK (by his own admission and the many 3am USA ET timestamps). I'd also venture to say that English is not his mother tongue. And finally, he could be a she :)

#28     Nov 13, 2001
  9. neo_hr

neo_hr

Dear Traders!

Candle : MIKI is OK, hes actually a fellow Croatian from UK so... And No, Tom he's not a she :D

Grabit : I understand what you're saying but QT annoys me in one thing , it has no multiday intraday charting so im using QQL. Yes, 40 $ / mo but still...

Ive been working with a friend of mine (has a lot more experience than I do) on Tonys setups but now I find them to be more of a discretinary thing (perhaps more than other setups traders use) so I guess my main problem is finding a single long/short setup for trending market and one for choppy.

Cheers all!

P.S. Enough webspace been wasted on TradeRX so... lets give a guy a break ha?! The more you oppose a person like that, the more he'll .... ah , you know what I mean. :)cool: hint use the IGNORE function)

#29     Nov 14, 2001
  10. Miki

Miki

Candle – sorry to confuse the issue – I already ‘really’ know.

I’ve been following Elite for a quite some time – I just don’t talk very much – I prefer to trade instead.

Tom_p – you are right – it’s only a bit of fun. I heard far too often about ‘Caching’ trading strategies.

Alex – long time - no speak.

Version77 mentioned having more than one margin account – he could be on the right track there.

Maybe it's not very ethical but it could be a very useful idea.

On the other hand…
    If it hurts taking a loss would you consider converting bad trade into good investment?

If the company is solid the price will probably bounce back – if you can wait that long.

It would mean, though, that if you have too many bad trades you could end up having long-term investment portfolio but no trading capital.

I personally prefer to take a small loss – I love trading too much to start investing.

Good luck, Alex

#30     Nov 14, 2001