serious concerns for 10:00:01AM (EST) tomorrow Friday...read this

Discussion in 'Trading' started by increasenow, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Not expecting any disaster short term but just a "profit taking" or healthy retracement.

If worst comes to worse, just put a call into the Bear protection team. They are itching to jam the markets down here at the quadruple top. :)

Maybe Volker will talk some sense into Helicopter Ben.:)

#11     Apr 24, 2008
  2. Watching some noobs guess and prognosticate, I would suggest finding a global market that shadows the dow.

If you find this market, you will find that we are in period of congestion. You might also find that there is a good bit of support below the price.

I don't call markets anymore, but you might want to look at some historical prices, and set your bias accordingly.

Best Regards
    Oddi

#12     Apr 24, 2008
  3. sumosam

sumosam

AAPL had some great earnings, and it sank afterhours, only to make it up to day.

We had good breath to=day on the NAZ and DOW. Plus, the financials are now in this rally.

#13     Apr 24, 2008
  4. LOL don't be a putz

Microsoft's lousy earnings is microsoft's problem.

The futures are flat:

Dow 12,830.00 -1.00 -0.01
    S&P 500 1,385.50 -0.50 -0.04
    NASDAQ 1,918.00 -2.75 -0.14

#14     Apr 24, 2008
  5. why is it when AAPL blows the roof off earnings its all cheerleading how great everything is but when a company like MSFT reports poor #'s its THEIR problem????????????

#15     Apr 24, 2008
  6. The overall markets blew off the microsoft numbers, which is why the futures are flat. It is microsft's own self-contained problem, which is why the nasdaq and spy future is unchanged.

#16     Apr 24, 2008
  7. No surprise they missed. Nosferatu is the head accountant at MSFT:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#17     Apr 24, 2008
  8. I don't know about 10:00:01 EST, but at 6:48:00 MST my three minute egg-timer will be going nuts, and the teapot will be shrieking.

Osorico

#18     Apr 24, 2008
  9. I've been noticing in the price action this week leaders have been sold during earnings releases, then bought up the next day. Then watching the short squeeze today, you can see a strategy. Big players are getting shorts to load up in the morning after earnings because the companies sold off, then buyers come in and squeeze the shorts out. I will watch tomorrow if we see a gap down, then consolidation, then the consumer report comes out sells off a bit more, then buyers come in and squeeze the shorts hard.

#19     Apr 24, 2008
  10. this post was right on..bingo

#20     Apr 25, 2008