Series56 question:

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Empresario__, May 15, 2012.

1. Empresario

Just some advice. When I took and passed my series 7 they said if you can get 90% on all the practice tests you can essentially pass the actual test

I heard the same for the series 56. If you can get 85 lets say 90% on ALL practice tests. Then you should get a 70% on the series 56

This is using pass perfect only.

People will ALWAYS say the actual test is really hard and NOT like the manuel. I still heard pass perfect is best and the above strategy is the ONLY way.

The tests are designed to feel like all answers are wrong (only the "best" answer)

(They recommend you read the book ONCE then master the tests)

--

You said you got a 69! (from what I remember). My advice is retake the practice tests until you get 90's. You were almost there!

I think you may be wasting time re-reading and scouring every chapter.... Just my opinion

Good luck

#11     May 18, 2012
  2. That's really helpful thanks and will do since it's such a drag re-reading everything.

#12     May 18, 2012
  3. One more question:
    If you pass the exam, do you actually receive a physical certificate in the mail?

#13     May 18, 2012
  4. When i passed the series 7 i got a print out of the sections and my percenteges. It said series 7 procotor. It had a stamp on it (like a notory type) that was really it.

The important part is having it registered with the firm. Nobody cares about the paper itself

A little more advice. Keep practicing the practice tests and try and get 80s then 90's. Re-write/Re-read ALL wrong answers on ALL practice tests. Once you really read ALL wrong answers you will really get it

I really mean reading the full explanation in the back one by one and basically memorizing it. Keep repeating ALL wrongs until you are deadly accurate in the tests (seriously 90-95 consistant)

Good luck.

#14     May 19, 2012
  5. And rest before you take the test. Take the day before off and do nothing. Dont go on there all tired from studying

#15     May 19, 2012
  6. Thanks for the advice and will do!

#16     May 19, 2012
  7. jhnovick

jhnovick

I used Pass Perfect to study for the exam and I passed with an 88. I think I was getting in the low to mid 80's on the practice tests.

I highlighted the hell out of the manual then I went back and reread the entire manual and took notes on what I highlighted. Basically I felt the Pass Perfect manual contained way too much information and I worked to boil it down to the main points. Then I started taking the practice tests. After taking a test I would not only mark my answers right or wrong but I would also read the explanations for each answer and highlight what I thought were the important details. Before I took the actual test I went back and reviewed my notes and the explanations to the practice test answers.

I found that the questions on the actual test were not too difficult and very similar to the Pass Perfect sample questions. In fact I could swear that some of them were taken verbatim from the practice tests. For a lot of the questions I was able to eliminate two of the choices because I felt they were ridiculously wrong. I took the GMAT’s and GRE’s in the last couple of years so I was able to apply some of test taking skills that I learned from Princeton Review.

I was able to answer all of the questions in about an hour. Then I went back and reviewed all of answers, twice. When I finally clicked to submit my answers I still had about 25 minutes left on the timer.

Well that was my experience studying for and taking the Series 56 exam. I have a background in finance so I was familiar with many of the concepts on the test but the trading practice material was all pretty new to me though I did find it to be pretty intuitive.

#17     May 21, 2012
  8. @jhnovick

thanks for the feedback and good job on passing. It seems that most people that passed took the practice exams consistently until they got around 80-90 on them. I must agree with you that Pass Perfect has way too much info especially on Options

#18     May 22, 2012
  9. zbojnik

zbojnik

What type of voting rights may be issued to Preferred Shareholders?

A. Preferred Rights
    B. Superior Rights
    C. Contingent Voting Rights
    D. Non Common Voting Rights

#19     May 30, 2012
  10. jhnovick

jhnovick

That is a hard one. They general have no rights though I remember reading in Pass Perfect that there certain situations when they do get to vote. I would say D, possibly C.

#20     May 30, 2012