Series 7

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by TheActionKid, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Hey guys,

I was wondering how many here have their series 7. Also, how long did you study for the test and how many tries did it take you to pass. I heard from a friend that it has a 90% failure rate on the first attempt taking it, any truth to this?

Thanks in advance!

-TheActionKid

2. took me three tries... just hang in there, and play the odds. all you need is 70%. You can do 50% if you can elimate just 2 choices.

3. 90% failure rate LOL..... your friend probably cannot pass it. I have never heard of failure rates that high even for the New York Bar.

The test is not that hard, just requires memorization.

4. Took S7 and S63 with 8 weeks of solid study. Passed them in first try. S7 is not very difficult. It's just a matter of memorizing all the rules and regulations. If you know options and bonds well, you are already ahead of the game. You need to find time to study for it. There's no other way around it.

5. The 7 is a piece of cake, you just need to study for it.

6. Neodude

Neodude

The Series 7 is not hard. The reason so many people fail it is because it covers a lot of material which, people are too lazy to study. I passed it on the first try, however I know a lot of people who have taken it 2-3 times. Best option is to take a review course which will force you to read the material, thats what I did.

The class was twice a week for 2 hours for a period of 4 weeks. They don't cover anything in the review courses that isn't on the reading list, but going to the review session forces you to go over what you read.

-Neo

PS. I used Securities Training Corp for classes and study material.

7. mizer

mizer

I studied almost everyday about 4-6 hours for a month and passed the first time around with a 93 percent.

8. itcob58

itcob58

first time, studied 5 weeks, score ave 91% took in 1995, did not use it.:cool: key is to have best material for study.

9. jmccain

jmccain

Got 93% on the 1st try.

I got the study package from EBAY. Dearborn I think.

I would read a chapter and do the practice questions until I got 80%+. Amazing how those practice questions help you zoom in on your knowledge gaps.

In the car I would listen to the Audio Summary for each chapter on CD.

By the time I was done, I was afraid that my good results on the practice exams was simply due to me learning the questions themselves by heart, however I found the actual exam questions very close to the practice ones so answering them was a breeze.

10. Kingvest

Kingvest

I was 19 when I took it, being German with limited english skills, I passed it the first try with about 3 weeks of study. So, go figure, how hard can it be...

#10     Jul 25, 2006