Series 7

Discussion in 'Trading' started by facultus, Nov 21, 2003.

1. I can vouch for that..the passing score is 70% and the first time I took it back in 1996 I got 69%..almost had to be forcibly removed from Sylvan testing.....didnt really study..just skimmed

BTW, these guys are spot on..read the book once, take every test once or twice and you will be fine

#11     Nov 21, 2003
  2. Are the questions concerning Bonds, margins and options more of the calculations or more definitions? Thanks!

#12     Nov 21, 2003
  3. seisan

seisan

facultus,

Here are two of the more recent and comprehensive Series 7 exam threads:

series seven

Can anyone give some tips on Series 7 exam?

#13     Nov 21, 2003
  4. gimp570

gimp570

If I had to take it again..I would sign up for one of those Prep courses...I know some guys that took the course and it really prepared them for the 7

#14     Nov 21, 2003
  5. simple calculations

#15     Nov 21, 2003
  6. lots of bond regs. and option regs. and who you can and cant sell DPP stuff to.

#16     Nov 21, 2003
  7. also, when you start the test, it says that it is optional, but it has a place to put your gender and nationality. if you put a female minority on there - whether you are or arent - it tends to have easier questions. :p

#17     Nov 21, 2003
  8. Ebo

Ebo

Where did you here that?
    That is a complete crock and would be affirmative action genius.
    That also makes a lot of sense to lie to the NASD.

#18     Nov 21, 2003
  9. TraderRC

TraderRC

YES everynight for the next 15 days write out your formulas on a piece of paper. By the time you take the test you will know this list from memory. Now before you start the test use the pencil and scrap paper they supply you with to write this list from memory. When your done start your test. this will help you very much when your three hours into it and you can't remember something because your mentally drained. If you do this you will pass! I have 5 securities licenses

Good Luck

#19     Nov 21, 2003
  10. BEAUTIFUL!!!! Thanks! GREAT TIP!!!

#20     Nov 21, 2003