Series 7 training **NEED HELP**

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by mrktwiz, May 27, 2002.

1. chisox

chisox Guest

make sure you know the munis

#21     Jun 8, 2002
  2. chisox

chisox Guest

make sure you know the options

#22     Jun 8, 2002
  3. chisox

chisox Guest

make sure you know the margin accounting

#23     Jun 8, 2002
  4. What is the benefit of having a
    series 7 license. Is it for
    employment, margin rules, to
    be considered a professional
    day trader, Taxes...???

Thanks,

Pat:)

#24     Jul 17, 2002
  5. Simba

Simba

Traderpatmi:
    The reason traders get the Series 7 license is the following: in order to work for for a professional trading firm (e.g. Echo, Bright, WorldCo, etc.) one needs a Series 7 license, as per a new (and I think much hated) NASD rule. So anyone who wants to start trading by putting on an Armani suite every morning and going to a Pro firm, instead of sitting in their underwear at home, has to go through this torturous regiment of taking the test and get licensed (including answering questions that pry into your private life). A lot of the Series 7 exam tests on things you will never use as a pro trader (e.g. ethics, client relations, municipal bonds, etc., etc.), so I think it's a bunch of b.s. to have to take it, but the powers-that-be require one to do so.

Personally, I am still struggling with the decision of going pro vs. continuing to trade privately from home. I bought the Dearborn book ($100), a 1,000-page slammer; it is very well written and well-structured, but overwhelming, because it contains so much information.

I appreciate all the hints and tips traders provide on this thread, I've checked some out. www.FreeSeries7.com looks very interesting...anyone out there who has taken the course? If yes, what is your opion / experience / test result etc.?

:)

#25     Aug 10, 2002
  6. Simba

Simba

#26     Sep 3, 2002
  7. Thanks for the input, thought it
    had to do with trading for a firm
    or employment. I have no intention
    of getting one, doing fine trading
    from home or office.

Good luck with your test.

Pat...