Series 7 test - timing

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by m22au, Dec 20, 2002.

1. m22au

m22au

Are the two 3 hour sessions two separate tests?

i.e. Can you go back to a question from the first 3 hours after you have had the 30 minute break?

Are there 2 * 125 question tests, or is it just 250 questions broken up into 2 * 3 hour sessions?

2. axehawk

axehawk

no, you cannot go back after the break. But I don't remember it being 6 hours long?

3. m22au

m22au

Thanks axe.

Does each 3 hour session have 125 questions?

If I finish the first session in 1 hour, can I use that time to start the next second session early - or is there only 3 hours per session?

4. axehawk

axehawk

General Securities Representative - (Series 7)

- 250 multiple choice questions - administered in two parts of 125 questions each; 3 hours testing time for each part. This registration qualifies a candidate for the solicitation, purchase, and/or sale of all securities products, including corporate securities, municipal securities, options, direct participation programs, investment company products, and variable contracts.

Wow! I forgot it was 6 hours long.

5. lescor

lescor

When I wrote it there was mandatory 1 hour break between sessions. I went for lunch and looked at my textbook. You can't go back over questions from the first half once you are finished it.

6. nobody takes 6 hrs unless they don't speak very fluent English.

Robert

7. m22au

m22au

Thanks everyone for their help :)

8. Bootsie

Bootsie

So, how in the hell do I get sponsered. I want to take the test but I don't have a firm. Am I up the creek?

Lost north of the border.:confused:

9. m22au

m22au

You have to have a sponsoring firm in order to take the 7.

Why would you want to take the test if you weren't intending on joining a firm?

10. Bootsie

Bootsie

That's the hole point.

It's my desire to join a firm and in order to do so, I'm going to take the test. The test is not the problem, it's convincing a firm to take me, that's the problem... I can breeze through the test.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

#10     Jan 9, 2003