Series 7 Securities License

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Proptrader35, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Rule of thumb is you should be scoring 90s on the prep tests if you want to pass. Worked for me on the 7,55,24,4,63 and 65. If you studied for 2 months and were still scoring 70 handles, maybe this isn't for you.

#11     Aug 15, 2008
  2. I've never failed a test with Kaplan material, so maybe your study sessions were focused more on memorizing the answers than getting the concepts.

So when you go back over the questions, make sure when you see the question again you can even recite the correct answer's reasoning.

I'd say after a few more times you'll be more familiar with the material.

#13     Aug 16, 2008
  3. I studied until I was easily making 100's on those practice tests. Had no problem with the test.

#14     Aug 16, 2008
  4. Don't even think about taking the test until you get above 90 on the practice tests. I was avg 96 on the practice tests and got 89 on the real one. If you get 70 on the practice, of course, your chances of passing are very low.

#15     Aug 17, 2008
  5. Back in my licensed days I held the same set + 53. I've met very few people with a 4... your name is befitting, if you are putting that one (in particular) to use. :)

And thank you to supersize for the passperfect link... been thinking of 3 for some time now, and this thread (and that link) pushed me over the edge.

Osorico

#16     Aug 17, 2008
  6. longboat

longboat

I agree the Kaplan course is better. Try that one.

#17     Dec 14, 2008
  7. With all the changes in the market lately. Does anyone know if the questions in the exam have change significantly also?

#18     Dec 14, 2008