Series 7 renewal

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by dotslashfuture, Jul 29, 2002.

1. I think that my series 7 has expired. Does anybody know what the renewal process is ?

2. harkm

harkm

Start studying!:D

3. yeah, I guess you are right. Does the new test cover ecn's ?

4. Croesus

Croesus

Please excuse the ignorance of a newbie like myself, I hope to make worthwhile contributions to this site as soon as I begin trading (a little over a month). But, the Series 7 expires?? I recently passed mine and this is news to me. After how long? I assume that you just have to take an abbreviated test to renew it. If somebody could shed light on this subject, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

5. harkm

harkm

The Series 7 expires if you are not with a sponser firm for 2 years(I think it is 2 years). I think you have to completely re-take you exam.

6. It expires after 2 years,but only if it is not held at a firm.It can be transferred if you leave one firm and go to another.

7. rs7

rs7

This is exactly right. Additionally, now there is a continuing education requirement....which is very easy, but it has to be kept up to date.
    I don't remember anything about ECN's on the 7 but now the series 55 is required to trade OTC. And it covers ECN's and a whole lot of stuff that seems pretty irrelavent to traders. But the rules are the rules.

8. Bryan Roberts

Bryan Roberts Guest

it also depends on what you want to use it for. if you plan on being a broker for merril lynch you will probably have to take the exam again. but if you are wanting to trade for a prop firm like echo then it can be grand fathered.

9. What do you mean by grand fathered?Also,does Echo require a series 55 to trade Nasdaq?

10. Seeing as no one has answered, let me drag myself away from 21 year-old Amanda, whom I just met earlier (www.gamblersanonymous.org/), and give you an example in a sentence :

Amanda doesn't know it yet (or so it seems), but she is in for a good grandfathering tonight.

#10     Jul 29, 2002