series 7 reinstated

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Copernicus, Feb 16, 2010.

1. how long does it take to reinstate series 7 after it expired.
    i know that the 7 can be done, anyone with that experience?

2. not sure what you're asking but if you were not employed with a firm that kept your 7 active for more then 2 years than you need to retake the test.

3. It is gone after two years mate, there are very rare exceptions to "reinstate" it after two years have elapsed.

4. i know its gone, but as long as one stayed in finance it can be reinstated at least thats what i was told from a rather credible source. what other rare exceptions would come in here?

5. Have you considered actually calling FINRA and asking them?

6. i don't think so. if the firm you worked for did not keep it then you have to retake the test without a doubt if its been more then 2 years.

7. it's called parking your license at a firm for a fee so that you don't have to worry about it expiring. Otherwise, enjoy taking the test again.

8. at the moment only interested to know if - then how long it would take scenario, so was hoping that someone here has gone through that experience.

9. montysky

montysky

I've met a couple of people whose 7 actually expired for about a decade, and were able to get it back without having to re-take the test. Their secret? Go with a Phlx registered B/D. Not only your expired 7 is still good to them, afterward your 7 would be good to Finra firms as well, however that last part has not been confirmed.