Series 7 Exam

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by highlandercrew, Feb 20, 2004.

1. No dogg, I wanted to show off so I got the score card paper and copied the results here. Got it stuck in some drawer with my microsoft certifications and the rest of the toilet paper.

#11     Feb 22, 2004
  2. cuz

cuz

You're Alright 50!!!!!

Where you at son? City?

#12     Feb 22, 2004
  3. MrDinky

MrDinky

Focus on the sample tests. Reading the book gives you the concepts, but the test questions make you apply the concepts so you understand the material better. As long as you're getting good scores on the sample tests, you should have the material down well enough to pass the real deal.

:cool:

#13     Feb 22, 2004
  4. Nice. I scored in the 90s too, and like 50 cent I didn't need to attend any useless classes. Just be efficient and you'll pass. And it doesn't matter if you score in the 70s or 90s (heck, the higher the score, the more time you probably wasted studying when you could've just taken the test. And it doesn't take 1.5 or 2 months. If you study intensely and efficiently, you could knock it out in a couple weeks or so (and no, you don't have to have a fantastic memory or anything). Good luck on the test.

#14     Feb 22, 2004
  5. 89% here.

Did much better on the Series 3.

:D

#15     Feb 23, 2004
  6. I didn't care for the dearborne, was quite confusing and some of the information was just wrong. Go with the STC, get the practice exam binder and just study the 13 exams they give u. Thats alot of questoins to study, but if you cram those, you will be more than fine. That's what I ended up doing, just studying the practice exams over and over until I started to recongnize the answers...

good luck.

#16     Feb 23, 2004
  7. peerless

peerless

#17     Mar 5, 2004
  8. Is it true that you can not take series 7 exam unless you have sponsorship from a brokerage firm? or I just got confused with some other series.

#18     Mar 7, 2004
  9. It is true.

#19     Mar 7, 2004
  10. I had never tought of applying for series 7, because i
    tought this test were not available in my region, until i
    found some test center where i could have exam there.

I have following question:

-If you fail, can you reapply for the test again?

-I have good knowledge with FA as investor for one
    year, and good knowlege with TA as daytrader, does
    it make the test easier?

-Is there any point to apply for this test, if you are
    not net profitable trader?

-What other test are there to be taken beside series
    7 that required for most finance fields?

-Can citizen of those countries that are listed in patriot
    act law apply for this test? I guess i should be able to
    do it as not money being transfered or exchanged within
    any account

#20     Mar 7, 2004