Series 7 Exam for a future college student?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Ian999, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Actually I already said this, but regardless its an important point.

If you take a position at a B/D its almost always required. However, they pay for your training classes and give time to take the exam if you are coming from school, making it unnecessary to study/take the S7 beforehand.

#21     Jun 9, 2010
  2. I've got a short period of time to take this thing (S7). I bought two prep books and have been reading through the book at about 100 pages a day, getting around 70% on the practice questions. Wondering if you could throw some tips my way, and suggest some books. I've got "Pass the 7" and "Series 7 for Dummies" or something. Any recommendations?

Friend told me to just do practice exams and forget the reading, but I basically only have experience with stocks. The stuff in the books about muni bonds and such, ... no idea. Wondering how in depth I need to know that stuff.

#22     Jun 23, 2011
  3. the1

the1

Have you any idea how much money you can make trading? I made 6 figures my first year trading prop. I was in my early 20's with more money than I knew what to do with. I blew through all of it partying. Those were the days. I've settled down a bit since then but lemme tell you.....the reason you go to NYU is so you can <b>become a trader.</b> It ain't all peaches and cream, no doubt, but there's mucho donero to be made, and lost :D

#23     Jun 23, 2011
  4. Anyone know what the actual expiration is from the date the 7/63 is attained?........i would geuss that there is a 5 yr window on it at most as a registered rep?

i took them in 2000 but have not acted as a registered rep in a bout 7 yrs or so.

#24     Jun 24, 2011
  5. it`s 2 yrs of inactivity/not employed that one would have to retake the test.

#25     Jun 24, 2011
  6. its not that hard.. 120 studying is lulz

#26     Jun 24, 2011
  7. really?...who sponsored you?

#27     Jun 24, 2011