Series 7 and a Financial Mindset

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by salsinator, Aug 13, 2005.

1. The series 7 is a relatively easy exam, just give it it's due attention and you'll be fine.

#21     Aug 17, 2005
  2. Gaddock

Gaddock

Series 7 Easy ?????? Hmmm well I just took it last Friday ...

"i recommend the "dearborn's series 7 drill and practice" product"

I cannot agree more. I got an 85% using the same.

I made passing this test the center of my universe for the last month. I mean from the moment I got up to the moment I passed out every single day.

Im not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I’m darn sure not the dullest.

SERIES 7 EASY ??????? NOT!

On the test score sheet they gave me three days ago some neat stats

ONLY 66% ever pass the test, that's after the 90-day apprenticeship.

Of that 66% the average national score is 73%

You have to be affiliated with a NYSE/NASD firm to even be a candidate. Such firms don’t typically hire dummies.

Easy you say? Not trying to be a wet blanket but don't get any false hope.

If you can consistently get an 80 or more on the practice tests you will be fine otherwise it would be wise and drop everything else but your studies.

If you are taking this test your career depends on it. If you fail it's another 30 days before you can sit for a repeat. DON’T SKIMP ON TIME OR MATERIALS

Another reality of the test that stinks is that IMHO 30% is trickery. They try to trick you on almost every question. You ability to sift through the sideshows they toss at you will really make the diff.

Lastly Muni’s are the most questions followed by Options. If you can ace those two sections, of 17, you have almost half of test licked.

Hope that helps and GOOD LUCK !!!

#22     Sep 11, 2006
  3. The test IS easy, but you HAVE to study a good amount for it. If you dont take it seriously, you'll fail. If you do, you should have no problem passing

#23     Sep 11, 2006
  4. This S7 study program deserves another look as the possibly the most efficient format for traders get the Series 7 exam completed.

#24     Sep 12, 2006
  5. Take the 5 day cram course...40 hour week, take test the following Monday.

Don

#25     Sep 12, 2006