Series 7, 63 expired

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by dac8555, Jul 28, 2006.

1. dac8555

dac8555

I got my licenses in 2000.

I have been overseas for a number of years and not registered with a US firm, as a result, after 2 years the licenses have expired.

Does anyone know if i were to go back to the states...if i could simply reapply for them, or would i have to start again and retake them?

2. Truff

Truff

100% NEED TO TAKE THEM OVER. NO IF, ANDS, OR BUTS

3. WRONGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! IF you join certain prop firms the exchange may grandfather your 7. i think the philly still does this, not sure about the chicago. sure beats the hell out of taking the exam again.

4. Surdo

Surdo

5. I am so tired of people on this site giving crap answers to serious questions. The NASD can and might reinstate your 7 if you can prove you have remained in the business, buy side etc. The compliance person at your new firm will be able to help. The thing is it is faster to just re-take the exam then wait for the petition for reinstatement to be approved.

6. Surdo

Surdo

Trader1966:

Show me a link that states this, or are you making this up, as usual. I spoke to 2 compliance officers and got the same answer, S.O.L., take the tests again.

7. Why would I "make this up". There is an NASD Petition For Re-Instatement provision and any real compliance person would be familiar with it. If the 7 expired because you were working on the buy side they will almost always grant it back. The process however is slow and can take up to three months, it is faster to just requalify by exam.

8. dac8555

dac8555

now boy, play nice.

thanks for the response...now the question is if i really want to move back state side?

9. Truff

Truff

THATS RIDICULOUS. Who gave you that info?

10. If you do want to take the exams again and have no quotas working from home or your own office, what place is best?

thanks

#10     Jul 30, 2006