SERIES 56 News

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by EvOTrAdEr, Jun 29, 2011.

1. hitnrun

hitnrun

jack

they say the passperfect material is the best to use for the test

read the threads everyone likes it . a no brainer to me

why waste your time studying inferior material . not a smart move if you want to pass this test

#81     Jan 30, 2012
  2. I just have to say again, since I'm on ET today, LOL. Since the S7 has much better study materials, and since S7 over-rides the 56, and the S7 can be used for other positions within trading firms, brokerages, jobs, etc., why fret over the 56?

I smile when I say "do you know any retail brokers? - You know they all passed the S7, how hard can it really be?" LOL of course.

Really, why not take serious certification in lieu of the 56 which is only good for one exchange essentially. The 7 will give you more control over your future, and open other doors for you.

Am I missing something here? Has something changed?

Don

#82     Feb 2, 2012
  3. hitnrun

hitnrun

Hi Don.

Remember this was pending since the summer

What is the status with chx getting approval to accept 56 licensed traders ?

#83     Feb 2, 2012
  4. Haven't heard anything, and really no reason to turn back time as it were.

I understand that I was "out of service" for a while last year, but I thought I was keeping up with all this. Why would anyone not just take the 7 vs. the 56? At one point, the answer was "it's much easier" - but judging by what I see on ET, and even some discussions, maybe not. Take the darn S7, have a real FINRA license valid in other aspects of the business.

If I missed something, let me know, PM me.

Thanks,

Don

#84     Feb 2, 2012
  5. hitnrun

hitnrun

don. just a reminder

The chx & philex are waiting for approval to accept the 56 license by the sec which i still pending i believe ?

The idea was to have multiple exchanges to be able to accept 7 or 56 licensed traders

It seems like cbsx is 56 only with a possible waiver for someone with a 7 license at this point

And the other exchanges accepting only the 7 . status quo with them

unless someone knows something different ?

#85     Feb 2, 2012
  6. OK, we're on the same page then. I guess I want my current exchange (CHX) to accept 56 for those who want to migrate from the CBSX firms, new people mostly from the last year or so. But, I still think that new traders should go ahead and take the 7. What do you think about that for new people?

Don

#86     Feb 2, 2012
  7. hitnrun

hitnrun

most people would say that taking the 7 is overkill but is has more value to the trader vs the 56 currently

Most people hate taking the 56 because of the subpar study material it's choosing the lesser of two evils

the cbsx does not charge a annual exchange membership dues like the other exchanges at this point so that saves traders about $ 500.00 per year

Any new or experience traders taking any exam the only benefit you get is access to leverage
    nothing but a waste of time & money for the trader

if the sec would finally make this a univeral test where all exchanges accepted it as they originally planned then it would make sense why they made the rule changes to begin with

It would offer everyone more choices where somene can trade & make life easier for all

#87     Feb 2, 2012