Series 56 - LOL Thread

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ksmetana, Aug 17, 2011.

1. acturater

acturater

The CBOE/Options Institute manual blows. I took the test today and I'd say 1/4 of the questions were fresh to me. Completely fresh. If you include the questions for which the material was barely mentioned in passing in the manual, I'd say I had to make educated guesses on a good 1/3 of the exam. And this after I read it over at least 4 times. Stay clear until they make more updates.

#41     Sep 28, 2011
  2. hitnrun

hitnrun

Did you pass the test?

How many of the test questions were on options?

thanks

#42     Sep 28, 2011
  3. acturater

acturater

I barely passed. Options was a very small part from my recollection. The hardest part of the exam for me were the details of the regulations / microstructure that were never mentioned in the manual. I saw more than a few questions with two or more choices that made sense.

Speaking of which, the practice exams included with the CBOE manual were a bit misleading. I could tell 99% of those questions were plucked from their own manual, which doesn't do a great job of covering the required material IMHO. It totally gave me a false sense of security. I'm pretty relieved I seem to have gotten lucky on a few of my guesses.

#43     Sep 28, 2011
  4. hitnrun

hitnrun

good to hear. at least you passed even with the bs material.

I hear not many are passing with the the lack of good material to study from at the moment.

thanks for sharing.

#44     Sep 29, 2011
  5. DLP198

DLP198

You should email the guy that wrote the manual and give him your feedback....

Russell Rhoads rhoads@cboe.com

#45     Sep 29, 2011
  6. DLP198

DLP198

I'm still curious if anyone that has taken the exam and used the Pass Perfect manual has feedback. Pass Perfect said their feedback has been good, so they aren't making updates to the manual.

#46     Sep 29, 2011
  7. jd7419

jd7419

I heard passperfect is the way to go, I know more people who have failed than passed. I will be taking the first time on oct 1, If I fail I will be buying the passperfect guide, IMO if the date is not moved back half of the cboe traders will be out of work for awhile.

#47     Sep 29, 2011
  8. DLP198

DLP198

Yeah, I hope they move the date. I'd like to be able to schedule the exam soon, but still have some breathing room.

#48     Sep 29, 2011
  9. gimp570

gimp570

does every trader need to take the exam? If you have your series 7 does that get you out of having to take the series 56??

#49     Sep 29, 2011
  10. DLP198

DLP198

if you get approval for a waiver

#50     Sep 29, 2011