Series 56 - LOL Thread

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ksmetana, Aug 17, 2011.

1. jd7419

jd7419

Damn this is what I feared. Did you use the options institute study guide and what was your score?

#21     Aug 23, 2011
  2. DLP198

DLP198

What a colossal waste of time. This material has zippo to do with trading. What idiot politician is responsible? Off with his head!

#22     Aug 24, 2011
  3. Kovan

Kovan

I used the Options Institute manual. I scored 67% on the exam. Probably got around 45 from studying the manual, 15 from working in the industry and vague recollections of s7 material and the rest from guesswork. Fortunately, the deadline has been pushed back to October 29 and new study materials will be prepared by then

#23     Aug 26, 2011
  4. Barack Huessein Obama

#24     Aug 29, 2011
  5. I just took the Series 56 exam a week ago and failed it with a 53%. I got prepared with my broker's study guide which consisted on 6, 100 questions practice exams. I passed all of the six exams with grades over 95%, and at the moment of taking the real test only about 20% of these questions were presented. I am encouraging everybody to help each other and if you have passed the test, please let us know what is a good study resource in order to get trough this annoying exam. Hope to hear from everybody soon.

#25     Aug 31, 2011
  6. DLP198

DLP198

#26     Aug 31, 2011
  7. DLP198

DLP198

I bought the Pass Perfect manual last week. I haven't been all the way thru it yet, but think it's far better organized than the CBOE guide. Plus, it has sample questions after each section and four final exams.

#27     Aug 31, 2011
  8. That is pretty good. I just bought the cboe pratice test for $90... I think i will be buying the one from perfect exam as well just to get to learn as many questions as possible. With T3, they are using their own study guide which consists in the 6 practice test of 100 questions each. but as I told you probably only 20% of the questions appeared on the real exam. Keep me posted to see how are you doing with your test. I wish you good luck and if I get to know about new info regarding study materials I will pass it to you and that way we can help each other.

I think FINRA has a data base of around 2000 questions and on the real test they just throw you 100 random questions out of those 2000, so try to learn as many questions as possible, that is just my opinion.

#28     Aug 31, 2011
  9. 1zach4

1zach4

Took the exam today and failed with a 63%

I studied using 6 practice exams that had virtually nothing to do with the actual exam, but the written study materials have already been revised with feedback from traders that have already taken the exam, so I am waiting to receive those....

#29     Aug 31, 2011
  10. DLP198

DLP198

Are you talking about updates for the CBOE guide?

#30     Aug 31, 2011