Series 56 - LOL Thread

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by ksmetana, Aug 17, 2011.

1. no it means you will be paying for a useless test that has nothing to do with trading

#11     Aug 21, 2011
  2. DT-waw

DT-waw

listen dear fellow american traders,

if you do not overtrone the fed and your gov , you'll be totally screwed soon. this way or the other, the elite will destroy you.
    i'm sorry.

#12     Aug 21, 2011
  3. Der Vent

Der Vent

Very few people see this
    absolutely true in every way

#13     Aug 21, 2011
  4. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

Suck it up like the rest of us. I had to pass the s7 when we were required something like a decade ago and I hit the books and practice tests for 1-2 hours a day and 4 hours a day on the weekend for a month.

If you think that's tough, there are schoolkids around the world outside of the US who come home from school and study til 10-11pm EVERY DAY and even more on weekends (and have a longer school year than us) just to be able to have the opportunity to come over here and make money in our country. They'd be ROTFLMAO if they read this rant thread.

#14     Aug 21, 2011
  5. jd7419

jd7419

I have been usimg the study guide from the options institute. I am averaging an 82 on the last 4 tests i have taken. I am confident i can pass these practice tests easily, i have no clue if they are representative of the real test. This is the problem we all face, the sec has never created a test and hard deadline in such a short manner. I plan on taking this test soon, i will report back on this thread how it went.

#15     Aug 21, 2011
  6. ummm I have my BA from UC Irvine.

I have 2 full time jobs, I work on weekends as well.

I don't have time for this crap.

Deadline should be Jan 1 2012, not a month after the study guides are released.

#16     Aug 21, 2011
  7. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

That I agree with... deadline is too soon after the study guides were made available.

#17     Aug 21, 2011
    #18     Aug 21, 2011
  9. I've got a WAIS of 175 and am a member of Mega. I'll guarantee a first-round pass for $5,000.

#19     Aug 21, 2011
  10. Kovan

Kovan

The CBOE material was easy to study and the practice tests were an effective way of learning what was in the study guide BUT the actual series 56 exam had many questions unrelated to the material in the study guide. I regularly got over 95% in the practice tests but failed the actual exam. Without comprehensive study material I don't see how I can improve my score.

#20     Aug 22, 2011