Series 3

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by econometrics, Oct 16, 2009.

  1. Do you need a sponsor for the series 3?
  2. No you do not, you can just register for the test online. Try the nfa website, it should walk you through how to do it.
  3. JPope


    You don't need a sponsor to take the test, but you do need a broker to hold your registration it if you intend to use it...
  4. I do not think that is true

    To become a CTA you:

    Pass the Series 3 exam
    Join the National Futures Association ("NFA") as a CTA
    Submit your Disclosure Document to the NFA/CFTC for registration

    You can study for the Series 3 exam while your application forms are being created and processed -- but your registration isn't complete until you finish all steps and show proof of passing the Series 3 exam.

    Series 3 National Commodity Futures Exam
    The Series 3 National Commodity Futures Exam is the exam that is required in order to register with the National Futures Association as an Associated Person, Commodity Trading Adviser, Commodity Pool Operator, or Introducing Broker. It's a 2.5 hour 120 question exam divided into rules and market knowledge. You need a 70% on both parts at one sitting to pass.

    You do not need a sponsor in order to sit for the Series 3 exam.

    The Series 3 exam is given Monday - Friday at Prometric or Pearson VUE Testing centers across the U.S. and many overseas locations. Securities Exam Preparation can help with test registration if you wish.

  5. 4EXJOE


    This is true. But it costs around $1300 to get registered as a CTA (last time I checked)