Series 3

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Eugene, Mar 24, 2003.

  1. Eugene


    If I wanted to get my series 3, do I need to be sponsored by a futures firm or any other type of broker dealer? I do have my 7

  2. No you do not need a "sponser" if you are going all the way and becoming a CTA.

    As far as just getting the AP status I am not sure.

    Just call the NFA at 1-800-621-3570....they are very helpful...and they are the one that do your registration.

    Just pay the money yourself.

    Michael B.
  3. jessie


    You don't have to have a sponsor for the series 3 whether you want to be a CTA or AP or anything else. You can self-sponsor and take the exam, then decide what you want to do with it.