Series 3 materials

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ChrisM, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Truff

Truff

If you become a CTA or a CPO you don't need to be associated with a firm. There are yearly dues, you need a series 3, plus there are alot of other little things to prepare once you are an NFA member.

#11     Nov 18, 2004
  2. ChrisM

ChrisM

Thanks to all,

Truff, but then (once you are CTA) you you must register your business, is that right ?

#12     Nov 18, 2004
  3. Anyone know of good (relatively inexpensive) attorneys in Chicago to help set up a CPO? Also, who does everyone use for accounting and audit? I've used NAV Consulting and have spoken with Michael Liccar & Associates. Anyone else I should look at?

#13     Nov 18, 2004
  4. Truff

Truff

Chris M- the act of becoming a CTA is the registration of the business. CTA is an entity. It can be an individual or a firm. Once you are a CTA you are fully registered, you then need to prepare you CTA disclosure documents before you solicit clients. The NFA site has great info www.nfa.futures.org

#14     Nov 18, 2004
  5. ChrisM

ChrisM

Truff, thank you, this has been very helpful.

I just spoke to them, but this issue was not sufficiently clarified. This makes everything clear.

#15     Nov 18, 2004
  6. Truff

Truff

ChrisM, no problem. I just went through the process of becoming a CTA. I must of called the NFA 20 times before i knew the ins and outs of everything i needed to do. Call the NFA whenever you have question. Their customer service is excellent

#16     Nov 18, 2004
  7. Truff

Truff

#17     Nov 18, 2004
  8. ChrisM

ChrisM

Truff,

thanks again
    do you know by any chance about partners forming Corporation (alternatively LLC) ? Who must register and so on ?

#18     Nov 18, 2004
  9. Truff

Truff

you just form your LLC then register the LLc with the NFA. Again, the CTA is the entity, it can be an individual, an LLC, it could even be an existing IB

#19     Nov 18, 2004
  10. ChrisM

ChrisM

Great, thanks again.

#20     Nov 18, 2004