Series 3 Exam

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Eric215, Apr 24, 2009.

1. The STC book is the way to go. I have a slightly used copy with computer disks for sale in NYC. $125. PM if interested.

On a side note, if you do take the series 3 exam, while you don't need a sponser, you will need to register with the NFA within 60 days of taking the test. To register, you must become an associated person of a member firm (cost $100) or you will have to register yourself or corp as a CTA to become a member (total cost $850- $750 for firm registration, $100 for associated person.) Otherwise your test results "expire" and you have to start again.

#11     Apr 25, 2009
  2. CFA is very very very difficult... It involves an absurd amount of memorization... most of it useless in the long run. The passing rate is just over 30% and it's not just Americans taking it, but anyone in the world. That includes the studious Indians and Chinese!

Apparently when you complete the entire CFA program (3 levels) it is equivalent to a Masters in Finance. In addition to passing each exam, you also need a minimum of 4-years work experience at a financial services or related firm.

The CFA looks good for the investment banking world.... and luckily they aren't hiring as they used to.:p Most CFA candidates do it to climb the corporate ladder at the investment banking hierarchy.

I'm almost done with book two, Economics, (out of six books) and I've learned a ton. I have little interest pursuing a investment banking position (unless trading related), but it is certainly making me more knowledgeable about the markets and the broader picture in the economy.

Hilojack, you changed my mind about the Series 3 if I have to be registered somewhere.

#12     Apr 25, 2009
  3. Hey, same here, though no dead line for me, more the opposite. Plz share what u end up with and how the exam goes. Tia! Even though i have as we speak the exchange advantage as i have euro as base currency, the place i'd purchase the material from it seems only works with UPS and charges me more for the transport than the material itself! lol and knowing i can take the exam for some 95$ ( last time checked ) kinda upseting havin to pay more for the transport than the item itself, i really don't need it in 48 hours lol

Anyways, given date of post, any news ?

maybe that's cuz to access CFA as far as i know needs the college degree in the first place :D

Thought it was two years ? within it was needed the sponsoring ? but 60 days or nothing :?

About the book ? still there ?

Interested in any used material ( anyone ) if u already passed the exam and wanna get ridd of it, plz let me know, either pm or whatever. tia!

regards!

#13     Aug 8, 2009
  4. glenfid

glenfid

looking for someone to group buy finratestbank.com series 3 exam with me, if interested pls PM

#14     Nov 16, 2019
  5. I think we can help each other out message back when you can.

#15     Dec 7, 2019