Series 3 course study material

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Calculated Risk, Jun 16, 2005.

1. ajami

ajami

There are also workshops you can attend. It's pretty much an all day course where they cram your head with everything you need to know to pass the exam. I think these classes range from $200-$300.

#11     Mar 4, 2009
  2. dowlz

dowlz

I used the STC USA Series 3 study manual with CD-ROM final exams in order to prepare for my CTA exam. The study material (approx 250 pages) was easy to follow. It covered the regulations well. The CD-ROM had 8 120 question practice exams (with full explanations after each question) and 8 120 question timed exams (explanations given after the exam). Each section of the study material also had between 40-120 multiple questions.

The practice exams were almost exactly the same as the actual exam. I would guess only 5% of the questions in the actual exam were foreign to me.

Using only these two materials I was able to achieve 90% overall with 100% in the regulations section.

The key to this exam is the regulations section. There are only 35 questions and you have to get 70% on them. So you need to know them inside out otherwise you will fail. I personally read the regulations sections, then did all the multiple choice questions, then re-read the regulations section on the night before the exam. I would suggest anyone approaching this exam do the same.

#12     Oct 29, 2009
    panganp likes this.
  3. if anyone wants to sell their material please PM me. I am getting ready to study and take the Series 3.

Thanks!

#13     Dec 8, 2009
  4. I'm interested in purchasing Series 3 study materials from anyone who wishes to sell theirs. Please PM with details of your offer.

Thanks.

#14     Dec 6, 2012