Series 3 and Series 56 Skype Study Group (Prop Trader & CTA)

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by brucelevy, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Is anyone interested in forming some sort of online study group via skype?

Perhaps we can meet Sunday nights to review topics that are required to pass the exams.

We could bring up questions, or topics that are difficult to understand and have others chime in to explain. Hopefully some experience traders that are already licensed would join to assist.

The Series 3 is the CTA Commodity Trading Advisor license which does not require broker sponsorship.

The Series 56 is for Proprietary Traders interested in trading firm capital.

I think it would be great because we could hold each other accountable during the journey to becoming a 'professional' trader.

CSEtrader likes this.
  2. schweiz

schweiz

Series 3 is a no brainer. Even I scored around 90%. There are paper courses available where you can find all questions and do tests to see if you master everything. I paid 20 years ago around $100. But don't remember where the course came from. I had a sponsorship from a brokerage firm and they arrange the course for me.

https://securitiesexam.com/study-programs/series-3-securities-exam/

CSEtrader likes this.
  3. I used Kaplan study set and online questions for Series 3. Scored pretty high.

4. Schweiz, you mentioned in anoher thread that you preferred the regulation of another country ie. not the US (NFA and CTFC). Could you elaborate on this a bit? Isn't the regulation in Europe which I assume you are referring to even more burdensome? In Germany to be an advisor you absolutely need to hire an attorney to represent you, afaik.

5. schweiz

schweiz

Can you post a link to this posting? Because I don't know what you are speaking about.
    I went for CTA registration in the US as I was sponsored by a US brokerage.