Series 27 EXAM

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by mskl, Mar 8, 2003.

1. mskl

mskl

I'm looking at taking the Financial and Operations Principal Exam (Series 27). There seems to be so many different self study courses out there. For those who have taken the Exam, can you recommend a self study book with sample Exams.

thanks.

2. dvs

dvs

The STC book is prety good. I am in the process of taking it.
    www.stcusa.com

3. mskl

mskl

dvs,

thanks.

4. jester

jester Guest

What exactly is the benefit of taking the Series 27? (Sorry if this is a dumb question but I was wondering what benefit it provides or allows you to do?)

J-

5. the bigger question is why????? But Dearborne makes a great course that also offers a CD you plug in and will simutlate the actual testing environement.

6. mskl

mskl

I'm looking at starting up my own US Broker Dealer. One of the requirements is the Series 27.

7. It's a little more invlved then that!...and just becuase you get you 27, that doesn't mean they will let you act as the FINOP right of the bat,,,you need to have experience...you can actually 'rent a finop' on a monthly basis...I know a couple of well known ones who do this...If you Pm me, i give you the name and #

8. mskl

mskl

I know what is involved. No need to "rent a FINOP".

9. Good luck to you. Dearbrone and STC also offer consulting as well in case you have some questions down the road