Serier 7 licensing renewal?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by hustler, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Thanks, Chris.

You are right. I got this real "CE" test confused with the firm's CE program.

#21     Mar 21, 2007
  2. hustler

hustler

Good we cleared all of this out!
    Thanks!

#22     Mar 21, 2007
  3. fat tail

fat tail

Every couple of years my firm sends me to a Prometric testing center in Chicago where I sit in front of the computer answering brainless questions. You USED to be able to click through the info quickly until you got to a question and then easily figure out the answer -- all in all, taking approx 1 to 1.5 hrs.
    Now, its obvious the NASD caught on to this, as they've incorporated small, 5-10 minute video scenarios that you have to sit through before you get to questions. So it took me more like 2-2.5 hrs. Most of it is standard refresher stuff, but you can tell they harp on the hottest regulatory and compliance issues of the time.

BTW - the only way 'fail' this thing is by sitting back and wasting time until your clock runs out. The guy who didnt pass this thing should be classified as unnecessary overhead on the balance sheet, and therefore be eliminated. This CE is always unwelcomed time away from my screens (you'd think the people working in my compliance area would schedule thsee after market close, but then again....that's why the work in compliance)

#23     Mar 22, 2007
  4. Hi Fellas, I've been away from trading for a while and now I am back with a different firm. Where can I get some free study materials for the series 7 continuing ed?

thanks

#24     May 5, 2008
  5. axehawk

axehawk

I was last with a firm that required a Series 7 in 2000. I have never taken the continuing ed.

So now, if I join another firm, I have have to completely rewrite the exam because it's been more than 3 years???????

#25     May 14, 2008