Serier 7 licensing renewal?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by hustler, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Surdo

Surdo

A "not so smart" friend of mine ran out of time on his continuing education exam. That's like forgeting to study for a urine test!
    A 6th grader can pass this exam, it's open book.

el surdo

#11     Mar 19, 2007
  2. LOL

We just had a few new guys in NY who's previous Firm didn't advise them about the test, as I'm told, had to wait a couple of weeks to get the darn thing scheduled.

Don

#12     Mar 19, 2007
  3. Surdo

Surdo

He is "looking" @ Bright Trading BTW!

#13     Mar 19, 2007
  4. hustler

hustler

Anybody know if it is possible to do the continued education overseas in europe? Or from home online?

Don, how do your foreign traders do this? Do they have to travel to US?

#14     Mar 19, 2007
  5. hustler

hustler

Any info on this?

#15     Mar 21, 2007
  6. You can do the CE at home. It is web-based.

#16     Mar 21, 2007
  7. hustler

hustler

Thanks for the info, that's great!

#17     Mar 21, 2007
  8. Right.

"... Each registered person shall complete the Regulatory Element on the occurrence of their second registration anniversary date and every three years thereafter, or as otherwise prescribed by NASD. On each occasion, the Regulatory Element must be completed within 120 days after the person's registration anniversary date..."

NASD Membership and Registration Rule 1120. Continuing Education Requirements

#18     Mar 21, 2007
  9. chris_73

chris_73

"Continuing Education" for series 7 is NOT web based. I did the "Con. Ed." test August 06 and I had to go to a cerfitifed testing center. There are different test-centers i europe. London and Munich are on the list.

You can of course also take the Series 7 exam at these locations.

The list of NASD test center are here:
    http://apps.nasd.com/Registration_and_Qualifications/exam/listexamlocs_form.asp

#19     Mar 21, 2007
  10. Not necessarily, as noted above, there are testing centers around the World. Most choose to come to the U.S. to start the process, however.

Don

#20     Mar 21, 2007