Sequel to "The Shining"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Maverick74, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

So that is where you have been. Is the interior the same as in the movie? I thought I read they used the exterior of that hotel for filming but not the interior. I think that maze is really there though right? That place would really freak me out in the winter after having seen that movie. That movie still gives me the creeps. Especially that opening sequence when they are driving up the mountain to the hotel with that music in the back ground. What a great film.

#11     Sep 29, 2011
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

It is going to be called, The Polishing....

#12     Sep 29, 2011
  3. trendo

trendo

Interiors were shot on soundstages at EMI Elstree Studios in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, Britain. Jack Nicholson ad libbed, "Here's Johnny!" Wikipedia has lots of interesting stuff about the film.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shining_(film)

#13     Sep 29, 2011
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Ok, the film was basically "dreamed up" there by Stephen King during a Winter trip to Estes Park, and lodging at the Stanley. He used to walk the halls, and come up with spooky material as he put the movie together A-Z while at the Stanley.

And no, the maze is not there. Parts of the Stanley were shot in filming, but not many.

It's wild going from 79 degrees at 5,000ft to 43 degrees and snow on the ground at 14,000 in the Summer. I'll post a few pics

#14     Sep 29, 2011
  5. LEAPup

LEAPup

Another

#15     Sep 29, 2011
  6. LEAPup

LEAPup

The Stanley

#16     Sep 29, 2011
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

Temp change. What a change from 79 degrees!

#17     Sep 29, 2011
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

The Stanley from the road. No maze. Never was one. I was pissed when I heard that! Grrrr!

#18     Sep 29, 2011
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

The Shining film model that sits in the foyer of the Stanley.

#19     Sep 29, 2011
  10. LEAPup

LEAPup

Last but not least, the spooky stair pic I took after lunch.

#20     Sep 29, 2011