September debate/tonight

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TreeFrogTrader, Sep 12, 2019.

1. I see. You guys are looking forward to the Joe Biden-Elizabeth Borden debate.

Lizzie also lived in Massachusetts- Fall River. But she was quite a bit more likeable than Fauxco.

#11     Sep 12, 2019
  2. Yeh well, it is the best time of the year to be there. Sort of a Shagri-La syndrome where everything looks beautiful.

Add six weeks to it and you could be up to your arse shoveling two feet of "partly-cloudy."

Good time of the year to make a quick run down to Acadia Park if you are in Bangor. There is about a 48-72 hour period between when the tourists leave and winter sets in. If you can find that sweetspot it is awesome.

#12     Sep 12, 2019
  3. Wallet

Wallet

Lol!

Ive heard it said that Maine has 4 seasons just like everyone else..... Almost Winter, Winter, still Winter and the 4th of July weekend.

Two feet of partly cloudy. Rolf.

#13     Sep 12, 2019
  4. traderob

traderob

How does it compare with Canada?

#14     Sep 12, 2019
  5. Wallet

Wallet

Canada doesn’t celebrate the 4th of July, so I guess there’s no hope for a ray of sunshine in the great white north, eh.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
    #15     Sep 12, 2019

6. [​IMG]

#16     Sep 12, 2019
    Tsing Tao likes this.
  7. UsualName

UsualName

So I’ve been digging around to see what some of the strategies are for tonight and it looks like Biden is believed to go on the attack on Warren based on her threatening to run CDPB into the ground from outside if she could not run it.

It seems kind of weak to me but I don’t have the inside information on how dirty it got between Obama and Warren.

I’m reading Castro wants to give migrating animals citizenship. Whatever, homie.

Yang is expected to show up in a Superman leotard or something never before seen or done. I don’t know that’s my guess.

We’ll see...

#17     Sep 12, 2019
  8. There is a view out there that I subscribe to, and it is that Warren is playing the long game so will not be getting into any dirty character stuff or hit and run character assassination because she wants to not only beat Biden, but also have him swing over and support her in the end, even during the primary season at the very end.

So she would be seeking an opportunity to get ballsy and alpha with Joe but just around the issues- not about being two-faced and an idiot and on the decline. Her preferred avenue is to draw Joe into their historical area of baggage and conflict and head-butting which consumer finance, bankruptcy, and related. So if she can draw him into that area she can get to look smart and knowledgeable and in charge without smacking Joe's character.

And the numbers are incrementing in her favor so she does not need to cut his balls off - yet. She will deal with that when and if things are no longer working for her. No if she could make it all the way to end without talking about- eg.- Ukraine type things that would work best for her. Thats what the other clowns are there for. To take care of bidness for her.

Biden is out there alone a bit now, contrary to his previous days when the dnc-approved players were there for him. Obama pretends that he is neutral but has not helped him and Axlerod, Van Jones, and several other Obamadroids are taking shots at Biden which they would not do if they thought it would be them on the wrong side of Obama. And Hillary similarly argues that she is neutral- all while meeting more and more with Warren to strategize.

The problem that Warren will have in drawing him into her issues, is that the dud moderators are not interested in her finance issues so will not/probably not ask questions to give her an opening. You know Jorge Ramos will want to do three hours of children, cages, "manufactured crises" and existential threat shit. You can close your eyes and see it all now.

#18     Sep 12, 2019
  9. Wallet

Wallet

It should make for great viewing, specially after the debate, when they try to validate their insanity in the spin room.

#19     Sep 12, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Is this a metaphor or does this guy actually want to give real animals citizenship?

#20     Sep 12, 2019