September 11th delayed opening

Discussion in 'Trading' started by OPTIONAL777, Sep 8, 2002.

1. thx 777.

#21     Sep 8, 2002
    #22     Sep 8, 2002
  3. Heck, I didn't even know there was one until I read this thread. 11AM EST means 8AM Pacific. Looks like I get to sleep in Wed.

As far a 'patriotic buying' goes you can throw that out the window. If any buying happens watch for it mon and tuesday.

-triple

------------------------------
    "real eyes see real lies"

#23     Sep 8, 2002
  4. nitro

nitro

I wonder if they will allow LOO orders then?

It could be real juicy, as I assume the futures will continue trading without the cash open?

nitro

#24     Sep 8, 2002
  5. Futures are closed also and the CME is requesting a voluntary mintue of silence on GLOBEX.

http://www.cme.com/news/shownews.cfm?NewsItem=0005A99B-1B4E-1D65-9F0F80EDBEFB0000
    <b>
    CME Announces Trading Schedule for September 11, Plans Minutes of Silence, Delayed Opening for Stock Indexes</b>

CHICAGO, Aug. 22, 2002—Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. (CME) has announced that on Sept. 11 the exchange will observe minutes of silence on its trading floors at 7:46 a.m. (Central time) and 9:29 a.m. and will delay the opening of stock index trading until 10 a.m. In addition, foreign exchange and interest rate markets will close one hour early, at 1 p.m.

Market participants trading on CME’s GLOBEX® electronic trading platform are encouraged to observe voluntary minutes of silence (no GLOBEX activity) at 7:46 a.m. and 9:29 a.m. (See table below for specific product hours on GLOBEX.)

The revised trading hours are in observance of the first anniversary of the events of Sept. 11, 2001, and are coordinated with that day’s trading hours on the New York Stock Exchange and other markets related to CME’s products.

GLOBEX trading will halt at 8:15 a.m. (GLOBEX market participants are encouraged to observe a voluntary minute of silence at 7:46 a.m.) All stock index products will open at 10 a.m. (GLOBEX and open outcry trading) and will close at their normal times.

#25     Sep 8, 2002