September 11, 2007 terrorist attacks?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by The Kin2, Sep 4, 2007.

new 9/11

Poll closed Sep 10, 2007.
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    11.3%
  2. No

70 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. Mup

Mup

#51     Sep 7, 2007
  2. #52     Sep 7, 2007
  3. clacy said"Suprise is the terrorists main advanatge."

We have to be lucky 24/7, "they" only have to get lucky once.
    :eek:

#53     Sep 7, 2007
  4. Al-Qaeda planning fresh attacks on US: CIA chief
    56 minutes ago

NEW YORK (AFP) — CIA director Michael Hayden warned Friday that Al-Qaeda was plotting fresh attacks on the United States aimed at sowing death and destruction on a massive scale.

His comments came just days ahead of the sixth anniversary of the September 11 attacks and as the US government said it was analyzing a copy of the latest video message said to have been made by elusive Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden.

"Our analysts assess with high confidence that Al-Qaeda's central leadership is planning high impact plots against the American homeland," Hayden told the Council on Foreign Relations in New York.

"Al-Qaeda is focusing on targets that would produce mass casualties, dramatic destruction and significant economic aftershocks," he added.

The Bin Laden video, first reported Thursday by US officials monitoring militant websites, would be the first such appearance by the militant leader since October 2004, when he threatened new attacks on the United States.

"I want to be as clear as I can about the threat we face," Hayden said, saying the Central Intelligence Agency would use "every inch we're given" by the US government to wage the "war on terror" and hunt down militants.

"We bear responsibility for standing watch on this threat," he said. "Our nation is in a state of armed conflict with Al-Qaeda and its affiliates. It's a conflict that is global in scope," he added.

"It's very hard to see this thing as anything less than war" criticizing the media for references such as a "so-called war on terror."

The danger the United States faced, he said, was "more real than anything our citizens at home have confronted since our Civil War."

"This is a form of warfare unlike any other in our country's history. It's an intelligence war as much as a military one, actually maybe it's an intelligence war more than it's a military one."

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5j749L9bcDhdXM-XDrqIEfm9wBh2A

#54     Sep 7, 2007
  5. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Well I would agree that the odds of being nailed are higher, but the symbolic message would be very strong. That said every year around Sept 11th we freak out and think the boogy man is going to come out of the closet. Here's the thing, half the reason the boogy man is the boogy man is coz he catches us off gaurd. Al Qada will without a doubt strike again, but it will be when we are looking the other way, otherwise we would catch them before they can pull it off.

Brandon

#55     Sep 7, 2007
  6. Who knows... the terrorists might attack on 9/11 just to show they
    can do it whenever they feel like it. When THEY are ready to attack...

#56     Sep 7, 2007
  7. I.Q.

I.Q.

Holy crap. Do most of the people on ET still think that some big, bad evil Ay-rabs being commanded by a guy on kidney dialysis from a cave in Afghanistan carried out the 9/11 attacks? Gee, I'm surprised you guys are able to figure out how to operate a personal computer. LOL :D

#57     Sep 7, 2007
  8. I didn't know Baron allowed teenagers to be on ET...:eek:

Now go back to MySpace where you belong...:p

#58     Sep 7, 2007
  9. maxpi

maxpi

The intelligence community is doing well to respond to BL's big announcements, it is a move to make him think he is having an effect on us. They are all about the balance of power, not resolving much of anything.

This is the neverending war. No winner can be clearly declared at any time, ever. If you load up with defense stocks you might do well over the next few decades...

If BL attacked the US he would cause a redoubling of the war efforts and even maybe lose his refuge in Pakistan.. It would change history the same way the attack on Pearl Harbor did in 1941.

#59     Sep 7, 2007
  10. personally i'd be a lot more comfortable if 911 hadn't been so politically beneficial to the bush administration and several of their corporate connections

is it too much to ask for the whitehouse not to have any conflicts of interest with the safety of the american people?

#60     Sep 7, 2007