September 11, 2001 trading

Discussion in 'Trading' started by drukes1234, Feb 4, 2006.

1. i was in front of the computer the whole time. as i recall the futures market hlated at 9:26 down 16 pts or so. anyone defenetely had time to short them for 5 to 10 minutes. as i didn't trade futures then it wasn't an option

#31     Feb 5, 2006
  2. I was just waking up...nothing like a nice sunny morning, nice cup of coffee while I sit down and flip on the TV to see over 3k people die. I still remember the hate and anger that sparked inside of me.

-Kastro

#32     Feb 5, 2006

3. Oh God, is it any wonder that voodoo and hocus pocus still exist? Tell me what was so masterful about a bunch of fanatics that bum-rushed the cockpit and used their training skills to fly into a tall building. The plan was genius in its simplicity. I'm sure any "world class intelligence" operation would have fucked it up.

#33     Feb 5, 2006
  4. That morning sort of looked like now. High oil and traders wondering about it. Alternate energy stocks being played by momo boys - PLUG FCEL HPOW Goldman Sachs stock was downgraded :D. At 8:49 SnP futures started getting attention. 8:50 gold up and Naz futures moved down hard on report of bomb blast at WTC.

11:33 Reuters - LONDON Saudi dissident Osama Bin Laden warned three weeks ago that he and his followers would carry out an unprecedented attack on US interests for its support of Israel...

There were all kinds of reports and rumors of car bombs that morning also, especially in DC, as well as secondary blasts at towers that the conspiracy crazies are still working. I don't know why I thought Americans have a lock on conspiracy - just last week I saw a piece on Al Jazeera saying the videos from OBL and the No. 2 Man are faked by the CIA.

#34     Feb 5, 2006
  5. alanm

alanm

Would it be too much to ask that the conspiracy crap at least be moved to Chit Chat? The topic was supposed to be one of the most significant black swan trading events ever.

#35     Feb 6, 2006
  6. One for you. A family member of mine lives in Bay shore on Long Island. Her, a close friend and their Arabic neighbors had been planning a trip in to NYC see a show. The day of their plans ended up being 9/11. The Neighbors backed out last minute. Next morning the neighbors were gone. It makes my skin crawl everytime I think of it. There have been numerous interviews in the neighborhood from the FBI, CIA and govt agencies regarding this since then.

#36     Feb 6, 2006