Sept. Corn

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by corntrader, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Wish I had a Crystal ball in my basket of tools, but that really would be the holy grail if there were such a tool like that. Anyway, One thing about the market swings, they flow well with mathmaticial harmonies and mapping the swing reversal dates for corn, are easier than some of the other markets, and the day or two before a "swing date" it does become "easier to see" which direction the turn is going to be, but farther away from the turn dates, it often becomes speculation, [yet there are some major events that always repeat in direction too. These "reversal dates" that I am using, I worked out last Jan. onto my master chart, which I do by hand. I try to do them for about 6 months in advance, as the whole process of calculations takes a few hours work. Thought I'd expain that, since I've been asked a number of times how I do it. After over 20 years in these markets, I don't think there is a method or tool out there that I haven't spent time in checking out, and I've seen alot of softwares also, costing thousands of dollars, that I wouldn't give $50. for. Some traders will probably even go through a phase, thinking that if they had better softwares, they could make a fortune, only to end up bewildered and losing with $10,000 worth of softwares on their desktops, and the search goes on. I'm educated myself with elliott, fib, gann, astrology, with a few other variations, also philosophies of the ancients, and though I've not found the holy grail, I have, in summing it all up over the years of research, found and worked out with the Gann methods, and with some of his recommeded reading list; [ Kybalion], and with Numbers, also Sepharial work with the Science of Foreknowledge], Sepharial, a late 1800's astrologer, was one of Gann's close friends in the very earily 1900's, these asto-methods were some of his tools that made him so successful, and which he stated that mankind is not 'ready to know' about, [understandable], and why in his 50 some years of trading, he kept 'these' methods secret. This is why even the Gann courses out there do not give you this information either, and [speculating] why even some of Gann traders aren't that successful too. [they lack the full knowledge to put it all together] These events within our solar system, are what also causes pulls and disturbances upon our sun, and the "Cause" of solar flare activity, this science, as you probably already know, relates to the magnetic storms and thusly "Effecting" weather and stress upon the earths surface as well, and upon all life upon it. Hope you will find some value in these thoughts here.....

#11     Jul 23, 2005
  2. Monday, 25th appears to be obvious, to reverse to the upside. Next swing date, as mentioned above, is the 29th. then Aug. 3rd. which should come in as a "major reversal" since it is also the "480" degree from the high last year. [The 405 degree was on May 13th.]

#12     Jul 23, 2005
  3. nealvan

nealvan

So do you use your Gann observations to predict weather patterns?

#13     Jul 23, 2005
  4. nealvan

nealvan

thanks for pm corntrader...

#14     Jul 24, 2005
  5. ellokn

ellokn

Corntrader. Thanks for your posts. Corn is a nice market to trade. Do you really use such analysis methods? Have you quantified your cycle calls? Good trading to you.

#15     Jul 25, 2005
  6. Not quite sure what you mean by quantified market calls? As Popeye would say: I knows what I knows and I knows no more. :-] I am a major buyer of Dec Corn @ 239.0 area. I will be Long the Corn definately on Monday... I am still short the Sept. from 263. and I will keep these until Aug. 3rd. On Fri. the 29th I will sell my Dec. Longs and reverse them to go short again with the Sept. that I already have.

#16     Jul 25, 2005
  7. wOg

wOg

That's one crazy price chart for September corn!

Like the higher closes on those lows, though, if you're a bull.

#17     Jul 26, 2005
  8. Sept Corn hit the high as expected today, [July 29th,] and now the swing is clearly down. I started this post a few weeks ago, with the purpose in mind to help a few traders out, to help put a few $$$ back into 'your' piggy bank, and to show you that with study, and in time, a trader can 'succeed' at this game... Within my postings here, there is 'one more' swing-date left for you, who could use it. [Aug 3rd] May you all have a wonderful and fruitful success ahead of you, in the months and years to come.......... God Bless!

#18     Jul 30, 2005
  9. ellokn

ellokn

I like trading corn and have done well with it over the last two years. This is not a trending market (at the time) and volatility will likely die down later in the fall.

December is the contract with the most open interest and vol now as it is based on the new crop not yet harvested. Sept. is the old crop and in the bins.

Unless we have some big surprises in the next weeks (anything can and does happen) we may have seen the last of the upward move for now.

I do not think too far out.

All comments IM MOST HO

#19     Jul 30, 2005
  10. CyrusJ

CyrusJ

Do you know Dr. Miller?

#20     Aug 5, 2005