Sept car sales tracking at lowest of recession

Discussion in 'Economics' started by silk, Sep 21, 2009.

1. thanks to our clever leaders, we spent/borrowed billions on cash 4 clunkers, to move Sept sales into August.

Any other brilliant moves on the govt part?

#11     Sep 22, 2009
  2. clacy

clacy

For anyone that didn't see this one coming......

good luck in life!

#12     Sep 22, 2009
  3. swtrader wrote "Kanye West 2010 'buy dat mudafugin car wit yo bamastamps you racist crackas'"
    ROTFL!
    Thanks SW, I needed that laugh!:D

#13     Sep 22, 2009
  4. notice the one you listed says reserve not met. barret jackson is actual sales.

#15     Sep 22, 2009
  5. i pulled my post, it had unjustified attitude based on that

#16     Sep 22, 2009
  6. S2007S

S2007S

Right, hmmm okay, you actually believe consumers are holding out for 2010 to buy cars because dealers aren't running year end rebates. EVERY single day I put on my television there is another company offering a rebate and free gas for 20 years.

#17     Sep 22, 2009
  7. go out and try to buy a popular 2009 suv. they are not dealing. reason. low inventory.

#18     Sep 22, 2009
  8. by the way i heard on cnbc today that toyota is adding production and gm is starting another shift at their factory because? you guessed it. not enough inventory.

"General Motors Co. said Tuesday it will restore 2,400 U.S. factory jobs, signaling that the company's fast-shrinking North American operations are beginning to stabilize after years of downsizing.

GM will add a third shift at factories in Michigan, Kansas and Indiana as it works to meet demand for new vehicles and prepares to shutter two other plants.

#19     Sep 22, 2009
  9. S2007S

S2007S

I know all about the added factory jobs.... etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah.

These news reports make it sound like out of the blue GM is adding factory jobs to meet demand for new vehicles, however the ONLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY reason why they are adding shifts and jobs is due to the pathetic cash for clunkers program. If they were adding these jobs because of the increase in demand for autos without the lame programs like cash for clunkers I would totally understand, all they did was take 18 months of future sales and prop them into 2 months, that's why car dealers are sitting on their hands right now. Seems the only way to stimulate anything in the upside economy is with free monopoloy money and plenty of incentives. Just wait to see the how this psychology confuses the consumer about making future purchases. Why should the consumer go out and buy anything unless the government is giving them the incentive to do so. And to think 70% of GDP relies on the consumer, man do we have a lonnnnnnggggg way to go before this economy see any kind of growth. I give it another decade.

#20     Sep 22, 2009